Changing Of The California Laws

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Azejacob, Jun 6, 2016.

1. I am currently a very very very inexperienced grower but I have had a decent amount of years under my belt using marijuana. It was only recently that my father and I decided to go into a grow together more or less for a fun bonding experience doing something that the both of us enjoy. It was completely legal in the area that we live as we are in California and we both are legal users of medicinal marijuana. By state law as many other California home growers know we are entitled to grow 12 mature plants and have up to a pound of marijuana. We enjoyed the idea of growing something from start to finish together as well as saving a ton of money instead of dishing out a bunch for the over priced dispensaries especially in the Bay Area. We bought some good genetics and decided to use some bag seed from a local dispensary as a sort of experiment. Both strains are doing fairly well as far as we know; however, just recently it was brought to my knowledge that our city passed an ordinance to ban cultivation, distribution, and dispensaries within our area. Dispensaries have been banned in our area since about 2007. But other than that our city completely relied upon state guidelines when it came to regulating medical marijuana. However, as some of you may already know the state I believe gave the cities a deadline... March 1st at the time in order to come up with new regulations for medical marijuana in their cities. Of course they only gave the cities about 90 days I believe which a lot of cities thought was ridiculous so they more or less said fuck it and decided to just ban everything altogether. Governor Jerry Brown who I have a bittersweet relationship with (not directly of course) decided to repeal the act and I do believe gave a new deadline on Jan 1st, 2018... Which would be wonderful if my city didn't already pass new city code that banned medical marijuana cultivation. So now a very LEGAL ordeal has turned into something that could put myself and my father away for a few years, that is if we are differed to the usual illegal cultivation laws in California. So we are going to harvest in about 2 months and it would have helped us save a LOT of money and we were even already thinking about the strains we were going to use for our next grow; however, due to the illegality of the matter we have now been forced to regress back into the shadows and we will be forced to once again dish out the money to pay for the extremely overpriced medical marijuana. We have invested thousands of dollars into our fairly nice set up already and unfortunately we will have to let it all sit and collect dust until the issue is corrected which at the very latest is going to be Jan 1st, 2018 on the deadline.... So, what is grasscity's opinion on all of this?

2. I live south of you going through the same stuff. However the city that I live in has passed an ordinance allowing one to obtain a permit to grow 20 plants, that's after fingerprints a background check and a air shot of your house and surrounding area making sure that there are no sinsetive spots within a 1000ft. (schools churches, daycares). Go to your city council meetings open your mouth let your voice be heard. That is the only way to change things. A silent voice is never heard. Good luck on your journey..

3. I feel for you on this. I would say just put all your plants somewhere safe outdoors and let Mother Nature do the rest. I know you have droughts out there, so your biggest concern may be just just getting water to your girls....Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah water is like a commodity around here. Lucky that the city allows us with permits to water our plants without any Sanction's. Otherwise odd number addeses water Tuesdays and Saturdays even numbers water on Mondays and Sundays.

lovelylisas LG

5. I wish that weed would become legal.