changing my user name?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Frosty_Cola, Sep 3, 2006.

1. i was wanting to ask th emods if there is any way to change my user name without starting a new account. :confused_2:i would like to keep my post count and everything else in my user cp. pm me or reply. thanks cats. peace.

2. send a PM to RMJL.

3. Nah, they told me that they'll have to delete your account and you'll have to start a new one. :(

4. frosty cola is a pretty sweet name :smoke:

5. Yeah, it can't be done, sorry.

6. dont change ya name frosty :p i like it :)

7. thanx for the info cats, i aooreciate it. and im glad you liike my name...i suppose its alright with me. now if i could only get my +rep up that'd be great.

8. Can't be done? I've seen it done on several occasions on a VB forum. It can be done in different ways too:

The username that was taken can be accessed and the password changed and the new user given the keys-

They can even edit your rep too to put you where you were.

Or they can just edit the username, seen that done a million times.

I would be extremely confused if they could not edit the username at will. That is a general admin power from what I understand...

9. You dont really have that many posts?

Why not just start a new one?

10. Yes we do have the ability to change usernames, however we do not do it. We have over 36,000 members and if we do it for one person we have to allow it for anyone else that wants it done, which screws up the history of the forums.

The main reason we don't allow name changes to an existing account is to preserve the history and integrity of the forums. There are several instances where people call each other by username in threads, and once a name is changed, the old threads no longer make sense. It's very important to the Webmaster, myself and RMJL that as we grow larger we strive to preserve what the City was built on. It's one of those things that we don't have any flexability on.

11. ^^ Makes complete sense :D