changing light times...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by doc2dead, Nov 10, 2010.

1. I have a 6x6x6 grow tent split in half for grow and veg in my attic. First time grow, got 2 clones from friend along with a bigger plant, well 3 weeks later the roots finally show up and am ready to put the bigger girl into bud, but since I am in an attic I want to run the lights at night so it keeps the girls warm. right now i run the grow bulb 18/6 from 5 a to 11p. But want to change the veg to 12/12 on from 6p to 6a...Should i go into an extended darkness or do 24 hours of light? I am switching my bulb when i change the time, nutes, etc. and putting my clones on the other side in 18/8 with the grow lights.
    thanks for your help

2. Definitely go for extended darkness; you want the plants to think their light is being reduced and thus putting them into bloom mode.

I've even heard it recommended to put your plants through 24-36 hours of darkness before switching to 12/12

3. I think he's talking about moving the plants he intends to keep vegging, thus he wants a long light period when transitioning time schedules.

-Loki