Changing light schedule in veg stage

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Freddyblack420, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Would it harm my young plant if I bring it in from outside and put it under constant 24hr light ? I read that they can be under 18-24hrs light in veg stage which will make the grow faster ? Anyone know anything about this?

Here is my outdoor baby ... She looks a little beaten up so I want to take her in under 24hr CFL light with my autoflowers
    This was on Wednesday -
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    This was Friday -
    image.jpeg
    And this is today -
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    The lowest leaves have shrivelled and look almost dead , I have moved her into my indoor setup , which I agree needs a lot more work, lighting and reflectives etc..
    But I will get round to that . I was just eager to start and didn't want to wait no more .. But this is a practice run you could say. Any thoughts, criticism, opinions, pointers, advice or questions are much appreciated

2. No plant's roots should be exposed to light so growing the plant in a clear coke bottle isn't a good way to start out. The second problem I see is the soil you're using. It looks like straight wood chip compost to me and more than likely, isn't doing your plant any good. Get some decent soil....even a good generic grade potting mix...stressing the word "good" there. Stay away from MG potting soil totally. I can't believe how the quality of their soil has deteriorated from what it used to be...and it's also loaded to the gills with chemicals which will burn most young plants. But get some good basic potting mix and do a mix of about 60/40 soil/perlite because drainage is super big to these plants. The soil you use needs to be so light and arid that if you don't water slowly, the water just dumps on through the plant. Never water until the plant is almost dead dry and then saturate the container good. Don't put anything else in it till it's almost dead dry again. This forces the roots of the plant to search out the entire container for water and nutrition and will form a larger root ball and a healthier plant. That's where I would start with this plant. Do yourself a favor and toss the auto variety seeds and get yourself a good feminized strain to grow. Upgrade your flower lighting if you want to produce anything inside because it's the quality and strength of light that grows a nice plant and produces good dense buds. Without it, everything is just under-developed...from the tops down. CFLs veg nicely but have nowhere near the strength to get a plant to flower out and give all it can give. Outside, the sun is your light source. Man hasn't come anywhere close to inventing anything that will touch the strength of the sun, so imagine the difference to a plant that needs sun but gets CFLs. Like I said, they'll veg a plant OK....but the more you've got, the better, but for flowering they're just pretty much a waste of time. It's the difference in harvesting "grams" from a plant or "ounces" from the same plant. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 1