Changing light cycle question HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigMike413, May 4, 2011.

1. My plants are 17 days old and i have been running the lights for 24 hours a day would it be ok to change over to 18 and 6 without hurting the plants? I am having a leave curl problem I do know that my soils ph is above average at 8.0 and I am working on fixing the problem. It is my first time growing and I have been learning everyday any comments would be greatly appreciated

2. this is my first grow and i 2 started my girls at 24/7 lights and then changed to 18/6 and to me it looked like my girls liked the time in the dark they really took off i think

3. thanks for the feedback .... Is there any specific time to change the cycle day or night?

4. hey bigmike,

-the plants will stay in veg still at 18/6 ... you will put no harm by switching at anytime.

-a specific time to CHANGE the cycle? No, just get a timer, set it to go off at whatever time you would prefer, and the time you choose to make the initial switch from 24/0 to 18/6, is when it will go off every day.

5. Some plants dont like the 24/0 others dig it. I would go 20/4 just to make sure not to trigger it to flower sometimes it will happen to certain strains. If you get the ph under control(6.5), 24/0 should be alright though. Thats what I prefer to use

6. Thanks for the help guys i appreciate it

7. As others have said, you can go from 24/0 to 18/6 no worries. But you're focused on the wrong thing -- don't concern yourself with diddling with the light schedule when your pH is whacked, get that fixed pronto. It's like you want to re-arrange the deck chairs on the Titanic, if you don't get that pH fixed you won't have any plants to worry about the light schedule.