Change the names of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by tokevilstickush, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I think the names of marijuana should be changed when distributed through medical clinics. With names like "cheese" and "OG Kush" just don't fit in with other "drug" type names. I think for marijuana to be legal people will have to stop associating it with other "street drugs" and see it as a serious solution for medical problems. Haha post #1

2. Just call it by its real name: cannabis indica or cannabis sativa.
    The term "marijuana" is actually a kinda derogatory name for it.
    I always call it cannabis.
    As far as strain names. . .well, cannabis is not like any other medication, there are varieties, and the people who grow them, name them. :)

3. I agree, Marijuana was given it's name by white people, not mexican people, they have their own word for it.

We should stop calling it marijuana and call it cannabis.

4. i call it herb, taking straight from the late, great Peter Tosh

5. It should be re-named Cannabis Divonorum, with the sub species Sativa, Ruderalis and Indica.

Divonorum as in Devine.

For it truly is a devine plant.

6. We should stop stereotyping like the government stereotypes us. It is whatever it is called.

7. NORML and MPP... pretty much the two largest pro cannabis organizations already call it that. I agree that calling it cannabis makes it seem much more legitimate, but it's not going to happen.

8. It's already classified as Cannabis, not Marijuana. Marijuana is it's street name, Cannabis it's scientific name.

So you can call it what you want.

I am still opting to change it's scientific name to Cannabis Divonorum.

Kingdom: \tPlantae
    Division: \tMagnoliophyta
    Class: \tMagnoliopsida
    Order: \tRosales
    Family: \tCannabaceae
    Genus: \tCannabis
    L.