Change one thing in this world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yakz, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Sup yeah I got an English paper in high school. Its a huge paper which we research for 4-6 weeks. The prompt is what would you like to change in the world. Yes I know legalizing weed is important. What else you think is so fucked up you would be wanna change. A good topic I could argue for. I am thinking in the lines how brainwashed Americans are by our government.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2. #2 zzxq90, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    Normally I wouldn't contribute to a highschool essay question. However.... change is upon us.I will resist hate and greed. I do not like the wording "would like to change" it implies that this change is unobtainable. Legalizing weed is very far down on the list for many reasons.1. Supply and demand. The demand will never stop, neither will the supply.2. Eventually it will prevail as a dominant useful medicinal resource. 3. Legalizing weed without changing basic economic standards that we currently have, sets up a market for short term success.And what change would you like to make, in order to change the brainwashing taking place?

3. How about the abolition of government and legalized extortion?

4. I would make all the backstabbing people in the world get sent to an island with no way off.

5. That would be interesting.

6. Two scoops of raisins insn't enough. I want that fkn sun to pour at least 3 and a half scoops or I am done with Raisin Bran.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I would increase our production as a country so we wouldnt be importing everything.

8. May I choose 2? Cause I say war and poverty

Ya damned dirty hippie!

I kid, I would like those too because they go hand in hand with my suggestion. :smoke:

10. I kind of felt that hate and greed covered more of a total issue than just war and poverty, but that's where it stemmed from.

11. Lol! Well I can't say I look like much of a hippie on the outside – but I certainly may be one in the inside. Peace, Love, and Harmony!;) :smoke:

12. Replace all world leaders with androids progammed by one person who is so few up with the bullshit he has become no more than a ultimate freedom obsessed husk of a human, with the skills to program androids (the robots that look ams function as real people, not the phones).
    The kicker is, no one but him knows they are androids, so no one would think of reprogramming them. And because of his obsession turned insanity, not only will people be allowed yo live their lives free of oppression by greed fueled regimes, but it will be irreversible because no one knows.

13. All of these are good however my paper requires to show how you will bring the change.

Interesting avatar. I think I can see some nip. :p

Anyway, to answer the question: If I had the power to change one thing, I would have to make it something that encompasses as much of the world's problems as possible. I guess I would say unhappiness. I would make it so that everybody is happy. This could mean 2 things: either all the underlying problems would be solved, or everybody would become happy regardless of those problems. Either way would be good, because even if the problems persist, they wouldn't be percieved as problems in that case. The flipside would be that unhappiness serves a function, which is ultimately the survival of the human race. If we were unable to feel unhappiness, there would be little reason for us to work towards improving our living conditions.

If it's a paper for your English class, you should pay close attention to the linguistic aspect of the question. You should explicitely mention that you are not choosing a particular problem to be solved, but rather choosing a word that encompasses as wide a variety of problems as possible.

Ohhh, scrap my earlier post then. This makes the question pretty stupid IMO, because it implies that you must choose something which you personally can actually accomplish, which is not much in the grand scheme of things. Does the assignment state any hypothetical powers that you don't really have but can assume to have in the paper?

16. Is changing ones own self not changing the world? I like to call it quantum living. I see all that i do changes the world one way or another. If I hold a positive attitude to all in my life then i can create an atmosphere subject to raising a better world in all aspects. While I personally may not "change the world" I like to believe great things come from humble beginnings.

17. The one change I would like to see is women more receptive to my advances. Thats a change I can really get behind. HIYO!

18. Not what you can personally its what would you wanna change and how it would be done. So if you wanna end
    Hunger tell how it hunger would end. What would replace system of starving kids.

19. Full allowance of genetic modification. The next evolution of man will be created by man. Were already figuring out much through study and odds are we can manipulate it. Perfectly healthy humans, humans that do not age, humans that are Einstein level intellects. 

Eventually as well this will hit the black market. How many of you would not take a shot to have a great body, if your bald a few shots and your DNA is rewritten so your hair follicles grow again. 

I look forward to the future!

20. First you ask how we would change the world, then you say not personally. I feel I am changing the world the way I can/want to by bringing a positive attitude to the world and helping others as i would want them to help me. This brings change (hopefully) for future generations to be better people.
    I would believe it foolish to dream upon change that is out of reasonable reach. There will always be hunger, war, natural disaster, stupidity etc., etc. regardless of technology or other means. The way I see the situation, education, love, and family bond is the way to prosperity. One can't change the world if one can't change themselves. Do you see what I did there?