Change - My little interesting view on life (if your stoned, sit down and enjoy)

Discussion in 'General' started by Snap, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Before I start I want to make something clear. This is my opinion and just some insight into my mind. If you read it all, then you'll understand. If you think you'll stop half way then don't even bother, it'll be over your head. People who are stoned and looking for some interesting shit to read, here you go. Enjoy blades.

So I don't know if it's just me but I wonder if I have changed as a person from my drug use. You know how you always here a story of how so and so is different after they tried LSD or MDMA. I wonder if anyone thinks that about me.

Now I know we all have changed from a heavy trip or intense experience but I mean really change, like how other people view you.

I would hope one of my friends would tell me when I am going to far but one thing that I know I have learned from recreation drug use is when is 'too far'? I mean when do we go from the point of having fun do being that acid head from highschool.

I'm a very intelligent person, I'm in College studying Economics and I was studying Chemical Engineering. So I know a lot of shit, but really it means nothing to me. I go to school to be socially acceptable. To have a piece of paper that says I'm smart. It's crazy to think that's what the world has come to.

I meditate and it gives me more insight then any drug can. The other day I was sitting on my deck outside and this lady walked by, walking her dog and the only thing I could think was how alien the concept of 'walking a dog' was... Sounds weird but really think about it. An animal walking another animal on a leash while it basically does what it wants, sniffing and peeing on bushes and what not.

Now the concept of money, which rules our world. It diverged as a very liquid item for barter. Instead of trading cows for chickens, we started this concept that this rock or gem is worth a certain value, eventually came to being paper/coins. Now today basically every person on earth pays for most things with a credit or debit card. A piece of plastic. Heck even those are out of date. I haven't paid a bill in the mail for over two years. It's all electronic now. Someone types in some numbers and that's how much value you have. There's nothing really to prove it besides someones word. I guess that leads to our current economic system. A wreck, no different then two children arguing over who's toy's are who's. It's someones word over another.

Now music, could you imagine hearing some crazy ass techno or something 1,000 years ago? Imagine the mayhem that would come. People would devote their entire lives to trying to understand this unimaginable sequence of sounds. Makes me wonder if that's how religion was formed. Something unexplainable, say for instance the sun or gravity. Something unexplainable thousands of years ago when man first learned to communicate.

I just find it fascinating zoning out and looking at the world in a non-human way. Sorta like an alien would see us at first sight. No culture, no judgment, no opinion, no nothing. It's kinda funny how the world turned out. The concept of 'change' is amazing, what's next?

Anyways, funny because I'm 100% sober right now and about to blaze. I'll bet you guys thought I was stoned as hell haha. Oh wells I think I'm fucking crazy, idk.

2. good read, would recommend.

yeah, those are kind of thoughts that run my mind once in a while.

3. lol, glad to see I'm not the only one.

Now I shall smoke a bowl and think some more!

4. i'm sending this to my friends, good read thanks :)

5. Wow man i'm sober as can be at work right now an i totally took the time to sit down an read your article and i'm kinda glad i did...I personally feel like i connected to this article well when you talked about how you were in college an weather not doing recreation an has it changed you as a person..I am a senior in college as well an have often thought about the entire logic of goin to school for 4 years just to get a piece of paper that says i'm normal enough to work in a certain type of setting..its a joke...To be totally honest i quit my senior year of high school an began goin to my state university just weeks later only really to achieve what you called social acceptance....Now years later i'm two semesters away from graduating with my bachelors..i never felt like i would make it this far not because i ever really doubted my ability or knowledge but i always kinda felt like smoking nugget pretty much everyday wasn't gonna really help me achieve anything..

I know it might sound like i'm gettin a little of subject here its not like i'm tryin to pour out my life story but to relate all this to the thread...I feel like smoking has changed me as a person in the way that i see myself an the way others see me...This could be cuz i'm 21 years old an maybe i'm finally growing up(in the sense that i wasn't mature to the level i thought i was)...I feel like smoking herb has "molded" my ideas an above all i personally feel it helps me to recognize the things that are important to me..I feel like now days i look at things way more objectively than i have ever in life maybe herb isn't the sole reason but i do feel like it has greatly impacted my life...an yes i belive it was for the better

By the way some of the other things you bring up in this thread is some heavy shit man haha but i totally feel what your saying

6. Your thoughts on money are accurate. I mean out of all the money in the US, only 3% exists physically in circulation.

We're a bunch of highly evolved animals walking around in clothes, always attempting to qualify ourselves as the top of the food chain by acting "sophistocated" and ignoring our true nature--we supress it. This leads to a sense of edicate which manifests into human convention and culture. We act based on prejudices heaped upon one another that have accumulated throughout human history. Drugs remove these prejudices temporarily and allow people to think indepedent of the hivemind of society and see just how laughable some of our routine actions and events really are.

7. Fucking word brother. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Like I said, if you read the whole thing, you'll understand. Smoking has definitely help me realize things in my life that I would have otherwise missed.

Looking at things more objectively like you said. It's just crazy, I always think of the weirdest shit and actually how fucking weird the world is lol.

8. Word up man. Except I think if everyone would notice we did this automatic masking of real life how much different and better the world would be. We don't really need drugs to see it, they just make it more clear. Get what I'm saying?

9. Yep, you don't need them to understand it, it's just that they make it much more clearer. Drugs are kind of like a catalyst in this sense. Especially in a time like this where people don't think for themselves or question what they hear. Instead of being objective most people just accept what they hear, especially from higher authority, which is dangerous. Recent generations lack critical thinking.