Change in Iraq?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CannabisInCanada, May 28, 2009.

1. Army chief says US ready to be in Iraq 10 years - Yahoo! News

2. bleh, take em all out

it was a noble cause at first, but it's time to pack up and leave

i imagine we will still have a presence their for years into the future, but what can ya do

3. Killing another is never a noble cause.

4. taking out saddam hussein, who ironically, was "killing another" was noble

not what we should be focusing on in the world, but noble nevertheless

5. #5 aaronman, May 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
    Want some more irony?

We've already killed more innocent Iraqis than Saddam ever did.

6. #6 Raoul Duke II, May 28, 2009
    Even more Irony?

We put Saddam in power and okayed his attacks on Kuwait. US ambassador's response to Hussein when he asked was: "...But we have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait."

Transcript of Saddam-US ambassador meeting

7. Holy fuck its gonna blow!

[​IMG]

8. Christ, too much irony for my braaainn.

But this whole troops until 2019 is fuckin bullshit.

Obama is really kicking this can down the road, its starting to get ridiculous. Our involment is growing, just like Afghanistan.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg]YouTube - Candidates@Google: Ron Paul[/ame]

Why don't I just leave this here?

10. like i said, it was noble at first

but its dragged on far too long

11. I don't believe is noble at all since we actally put him in and were indifferent to his genocides

12. How is invading/destroying/rebuilding a country you had no business in in the first place noble?

13. ^ because believe it or not, iraqis were happy when saddam was taken out of power

remember the statue being torn down?

14. Bullshit! They hate us more saddam. Plus they had more freedom then we do and less crimes then we do. Muslim wanted no borders, open to all nations, be kind to woman or else.

15. They do not hate us more than Saddam.

Most of the cites in Iraq are positively affects by us being there. Along with welcoming change and the US training police to take control of there own country. The police are going in numbers and becoming more effectivem but are still a long way off from being able to control the insurgents. They US military is a one of the best militarts in the world for war skills.

You can just pull out because once you do the insurgents mayl take control of a nation that is weak and it will go to ever worse conditions. People will be straving ect. Then we will look like the bad guys and the humatiartians will be all over us. [I wish we were like israel and we didnt care about what people had to say.]

16. If you're training the police to help them become sovereign and independent then why are you also building an embassy bigger than the Vatican there?

Also, I'd like to know how you know that the Iraqis are happier - or if you're just talking out of your ass.

Thanks.

17. #17 Vitamin 420, May 28, 2009
    Before you say that concretely, I think we need to know why we went into Iraq in the first place. I don't think we had the best interests of the Iraqi people in mind, and it certainly wasn't a "noble" cause at all. They have something we want... something we can make a lot of money off... I wonder what it could be??