Change in Arizona Marijuana Laws, Allegedly

Discussion in 'General' started by PhoenixPharmer, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Okay, so over the last week I've heard from numerous people who don't even know each other,
    And they all say the same thing.

The Severity of a Possesion Charge is no longer determined by Quantity, but by Potency.

Where as say, over 2 ounces would increase the severity of the charge....
    Now it's based on the shade of purple the liquid test chemical becomes, when applied to the MJ.

The Darker, the more potent.

My friend was recently arrested with an Ounce of Work (beasters) and an Ounce of Purple Urkle.

The charge for the Purp is more severe.

Has anyone else heard of this? It's outrageous.

2. How is it outrageous, it makes sense to me.

3. How? The don't do this for any other drug.

4. It doesn't make any sense to me lol.

So a Gram of bomb bud should carry a worse punishment than an ounce of Shwagg?

Or an ounce of Middies?

I don't see why.

How is a pound of Shwagg more exusable than an ounce of Chronic?

5. I'm sure if you were were taken to court for having a kilogram of "cocaine" yet you could prove that it was 50% cocaine and 50% baking soda there would be no way in hell they could charge you for 1Kg of cocaine.

6. How do you figure?

When the police take a MJ plant, they weigh the ENTIRE plant and you're charged with THAT weight of Marijuana.

Trust me. From knowing people busted with coke, you get charged by the weight of your bag.

Including the baggie, generally.

7. But, now with the new laws you are talking about, the weight won't matter ;).

8. With growing plants, I don't think it'd be based on potency.

Seeing as a still growing plant can contain little to no THC.

This would make growing an MJ plant in it's vegetive stage totally legal.

9. That is very strange... I didn't know it was possible to do a field test to determine the potency of marijuana. That's the part I want to hear more about.... sounds like a potentially flawed test.

10. Manufacturing an illegal substance is illegal.

11. Correct,

But where as an ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE can be tested for potency,

A immature Marijuana plant CAN NOT. Seeing as the THC forms along with the Buds, in the flowering stage.

So therefore, if the plant from which an illegal substance grows; contains none of the psycho-active chemical being tested, for potency,

It'd be kinda hard to punish the person, right?

So therefore I'd imagine, if you're being arrested for CULTIVATION and POSSESION, the severity of each is decided in different ways.

12. very true, if they end up going thru with this new shit then i want to see them testing for potency of crack, coke, heroin, meth, jenkum.

well i never actually seen jenkum before but still.

and being a resident of AZ i would seriously hate to see that pass. thats just rediculous. i understand it but dude its not like heroin where the more potent it is the more likely it is to kill you. hell you cant even die from smoking buds. so what the fuck, why would they even bother.

i would bet that if you have a pipe or some shit in your car and they test it, that you would have like an ounce would of chronic worth of resin in the thing if you never cleaned it. that would be extremely fucked up.

13. Jenkum is a bad joke

14. Exactly. More potent bud is actually LESS harmfull, considering you've gotta smoke less plant matter and carcinogens.

15. yeah that law is bullshit, but really, what the fuck can you do about it?

16. purple urkel is no joke veryyy good bud one of my top fav