Chances of geting caught???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by M3THOD-_-MAN, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Hey guys, I found my perfect grow spot, electric wired in and everything already, and plenty of room and privacy.
    I was talking to a Narcotics officer from out of state about the chances of being caught, the things they look for, and so on (hes a cool guy, gave me real advice). Well his overall advice was to not do the grow (thinkg about a 1-2 lbs. per harvest) because I WILL get caught eventually. I had a hard time believeing it just for the sheer fact hes probly looking out for me, and well... hes a Narcotics officer hahah. I dont plan to half ass anything in terms of insulation, IR blocker, heat being vented through a chimney, scrubbers, etc. \

Well I was just wondering how many of you have been caught, gotten close to it, or never have at all in X amount of time and grows? Thanks in advance, i look forward to my grow or maybe not:eek: hahaha.

2. well, if your nervous about getting caught dont do it, it will end up stressing you out and you will become a hermit crab and never leave the house, just if you do it follow the key rule and tell no body. Grow rooms get busted by snitchs more then helicopters so just keep to your self and do your thing. As long as you vent it good and pay your bills your grow should be fine, Also with the ir blocker and shit you deff wont get caught the only way is to tell people or brag. If you stay on your toes and keep everything in check you'll have no worries.

3. u need to follow rules and u'll never get caught. most important rule of all is to never tell anyone. i chose to tell 2 people about my grow and i regretted it then i had to tell them that i quit growing. be more worried from people knowing about you growing than of the cops knowing directly about ur grow. if ur place always smells like weed and ur friends know bout ur grow or maybe u move ur grow equipment infront of neighbors into ur place etc.. then u might get caught cuz cops might know. to yield 2lbs u'd need like 1kw of light add to it the equipment u might need another 1kw for those and more if u wana add an A/C this would add up to your bill but i dont think it would trigger an alarm at the narcs' :p you might wana do a smaller grow if ur paranoid something like 400w you would yield 1lbs/harvest if u do everything right and if u have the right strain but if ur a newb with no good genetics u would yield much less in the beginning. keep us posted :high:

4. I agree with Legal_Evil. Your main concern should be who you talk to about it, which unless you 100% have to, should be nobody.

I did my first grow in my apartment, and let me tell you, it can be nerve wracking! Especially when you have people over. Nobody ever found out, even if they went into the bedroom. I always had figured out what I'd say to someone if they asked what this big cabinet was with all the sound coming from it. I'd just tell them it was where I setup a server cabinet (i'm really into computers). They don't even question anything after that (typically).

And assuming that you get the IR Blocking Material for IR Scans, vent it appropriately, and take care of any smell, you should be ok. Remember, people love to tell people other things, especially if it's supposed to be secret.

5. Thanks guys, Im not too worried about it because the laws here arnt super strict, and I feel I have an amazing spot with everything I need. But just had to ask, because well nobody wants to get caught. I measured the room out today and it has 9ft ceilings, and is 10x15ft. I am pumped! Nobody will know except my brother, whom is much older, and will only know because he is giving me the money to start (of course he gets his kickback of great bud....hopefully).

6. Just curious.....what type of things did he tell you in terms of what they look for and how they bust people?

If you feel like sharing.....would be interested to hear what you talked about?
    Thanks.

7. Well good luck with the grow, research everything possible and maybe get a grow journal up

8. man, as long as you don't tell anyone, be a good neighbor, Spend money on carbon filters.
    don't give the cops any reason whatsoever to have to come to your place or even know who you are..
    pay your tickets, taxes, electric bill, no big parties etc..

you'll be fine.

9. A big one was the electric bills, that was probly number one for them to get a warrant (electric compnay will give you up in a heartbeat if the suspician arose). Heavy traffic (if you sell) was another. Heat signitures need to be kept under control, especially during summer months. Smells, and of course snitches. Basically what everyone has already said lol