Chance to get a free car

Discussion in 'General' started by Regus, Dec 24, 2012.

1. So I recently told my family that i'm getting a tattoo with my friends. They dissaproved more than I thought, and my mother offered to buy me a car if I dont get a tatt. I don't know what to think of this, since it seems too good to be true. Im going to talk to my friends about it and get a consensus of their opinions. What do you guys think? Why would I be offered a car for not getting a tattoo? I'm 19 and I don't live at home (except now during winter break), so i'm pretty independent.

2. Fuck that.

She's trying to bribe you out of getting a tattoo just because she doesn't like them?

I mean a free car would be pretty cool,but it's the principal of the matter and the fact that she is trying to control your life at 19 years old is pretty sad.

3. get free car
    get tattoo after winter break

4. [quote name='"Regus"']So I recently told my family that i'm getting a tattoo with my friends. They dissaproved more than I thought, and my mother offered to buy me a car if I dont get a tatt. I don't know what to think of this, since it seems too good to be true. Im going to talk to my friends about it and get a consensus of their opinions. What do you guys think? Why would I be offered a car for not getting a tattoo? I'm 19 and I don't live at home (except now during winter break), so i'm pretty independent.[/quote]

Get the car, a tattoo wont drive you to the store or your dealers house, plus a tattoo you can get later afterwards

5. definitely ask for more details first... sounds a little bit suspicious

6. [quote name='"Berzerker42500"']Fuck that.

She's trying to bribe you out of getting a tattoo just because she doesn't like them?

I mean a free car would be pretty cool,but it's the principal of the matter and the fact that she is trying to control your life at 19 years old is pretty sad.[/quote]

Dude, a free fucking car?! I would let my mom deny me a tattoo for even a 5,000 shit car

7. If it were possible to get a reverse tattoo I would for a free car :p

8. Screw that, GET THE CAR!

9. Again,it's the principal of the situation.

A mother is bribing her ADULT son,so that he won't put ink into HIS skin,not hers.

Maybe I just have a pride issue,but IMO no mother should ever bribe their child,especially for something so insignificant seeing as it won't affect her life.

10. I don't think it's very nice to be an asshole to your family like the others are suggesting
    (i doubt you would be talking to them if they deserved it)

Yes you are 19 but you also chose tell them what you are doing so you were looking for an opinion and you got one. Personally i wouldn't feel right accepting a bribe like that. I would say ok mom i won't get one since you would be unhappy with that choice. It would be nice to still get a free car though if you need it.

Maybe in a few years when you aren't looking for approval/opinions you can get your tattoo. But in a way you might just thank your parents because alot of people get dumb shit tattooed on them that they wish they never got.

Maybe you should think the situation over. Just my advice peace

11. 1 - Get her word in writing that she will buy you a car if you don't get a tattoo

2 - Get it notarized, if possible (this is advised)

3 - If you do it right, you can get the car and the tattoo, so long as the document does not state that a tattoo will not be purchased following the acquisition of the car

4 - ???

5 - Profit!

12. Fuck that

Get the car OP. It's a no brainer. A FREE CAR.

13. Yeah I mean,if she's legit about buying a car and you really need a new one,do it and THEN get tattooed.

But still,the whole idea really bothers me and I'd be pissed if my mom tried to buy me off with a car.

14. Car... I wouldn't think twice

15. Y'all have too much pride lol

16. I just don't appreciate people manipulating others in order to get what they want.

17. I come from a really messed up family and i always wished i had a better one. Yall would really play your mom like that? I find that real sad. If you are a big boy why ask for approval from your family? It shouldn't take their approval to get a tattoo, and it shouldn't take a bribe to get a car (if you need it)...where is the love?

18. [quote name='"Berzerker42500"']
    I just don't appreciate people manipulating others in order to get what they want.[/quote]

Ehh, well tattoos are kindof a way of saying "im insecure" unless its for a good reason like a military tattoo to remember your fellow/fallen soldiers

19. I'm a borderline-sociopathic, manipulative opportunist with no regard for societal, familial or cultural standards, much less anything resembling pride or self-respect.

What now?

20. obviously a car.

then drive yourself to get the tattoo secretly

cuz fuck it