Chakras and the Planets

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by windchime159, Nov 17, 2010.

1. this is somthing i have been looking into , iv been reading about the Chakras and the princples of human nature they govern and contrasting them to the effects of the planets in astrology

Crown - Sun - Sun and the crown are both considerd the "highest"
    Third Eye - Jupiter/Uranus/Neptune??? - jupiter has to do with growth and faith , uranus with individuality and neptune with imagination and mysticness all can compair to third eye
    Throat - mercury - both have to do with intelect and thought
    Heart - Moon - both have to do with instict and the sub concious
    Solar Plex - Mars - both have to do with vital Energy
    Cardnal - Venus - has to do with emotion and sex drive
    Root - Saturn - am not too sure about this but they both seem to have to do with practalness

im not sure if im just making pretend connections but i just have a feeling they connect in a way , some of the planets seem to directly corespond with some chakras [ sun mars venus moon mercury ] while others dont [ jupiter uranus saturn neptune ]

any thoughts? and this is all just lofty speculation mind you

2. I would say mars is the thirdeye chakra, seeing how the moon shines a vibrant light upon the vast darkness.

Anyways, I don't believe in that chakra mumbo jumbo but whatever.

3. its more about what they represent , mars is all about energy , as is the solar plex chakra

4. that was alot better put together then my thread haha , i like yours better you seemt o have thought much more about it , i liked the part about how the astoid belt seperates the "head" chakras from the body chakras... its like we are made in the image of the solar system

5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed. It might just be mere coincedence which would be amazing in it's own right, but even more amazing is it might not. That's the magic of the world of mystery we live in.

6. #7 1Trismegistus1, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    Base- Saturn
    Naval- Jupiter
    Sacral(solar plexus)- Mars
    Heart- Venus
    Throat- Mercury
    Pineal/Ajna- Sun and Moon

The "third eye" isn't really a chakra, it's simply where the yin/yang ida/pingala energies of the Kundalini sort of "exit", one can tell the balance of the dual forces by the pressure felt between the brows. Sun=yang/pingala Moon=yin/ida

The crown does not have a planetary correspondence as it is the chakra of cosmic consciousness, the thousand petaled lotus that when the Kundalini rises to it omnipresence and omniscience is achieved, one is essentially unified with Brahman/God, the Christ state, Nirvakalpa/Salvakalpa Samadhi Magnum Opus

7. thanks for the info man , and the third eye is not a chakra? i thought there was some signifagance in the number 7 and shit

8. It IS in a way, but it's not the 3rd eye itself but rather the location where the Kundalini rises to meet that area around the pineal gland. The "3rd eye" between your brow is not a major chakra in itself, though it does hold some significance as it is the "sun center" where one should hold their focus during meditation. It is somewhat of a center of peacefulness and serenity, which makes intent focus on it during meditation important as you need to have a calm peaceful mind in order for meditation to be truly effective, you can't have your thoughts all chaotic and out of control. This is why I don't understand people who say weed helps them meditate, I think they have a misconception of what the word meditation means. It is extremely difficult to fully concentrate while stoned in my, and everyone else that I know, experience of meditating while high.

9. i think its because the physical feelings you get at times of deep meditation remind people of the feeling they get when they get high , the only difference is one is concentrated and reflective and the other is just in a state of uncaring unawareness