ChainTokers Cash Crop Thread

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by chaintoker420, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Recently invested in a Cash Crop 3.0 Hydroponic Box, 3 ft tall with CFL Lighting and a CO2 attachment. I ordered 4 auto speed devil seeds by Sweet seeds from Bonza Seedbank. I got a free  Fem. Kannabia Thai Fantasy Seed with it and decided to germinate it for my first run. 

Seeds
    [​IMG]

Cash Crop
    [​IMG]

Seedling(After about 72 hours)
    [​IMG]

Sprouting
    [​IMG]

At this time, I made the mistake of turning on the lights without raising the plant closer to the lights, and this is what happened:
    [​IMG]

It took a good 3 weeks or so to straighten up and stand on its own:

[​IMG]

3-4 weeks in: 
    [​IMG]

6-7 weeks:
    [​IMG]

9-10 weeks:
    [​IMG]

This is when I began flowering and switched the 6500k CFLs to the 2700ks, as well as the lighting hours from 16:8 to 12:12

1-2 weeks into Flowering:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Calyxes starting to form towards the start of the second week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3rd week(These were taken today):

[​IMG]

The plant was growing straight into the lights, so I have a string tied around it to a shelf rack in the box(which I put in myself), as you can see the plant is bent towards the right to avoid the lights.

[​IMG]

The top bud of the plant is now bending on the ceiling of the box, but is growing beautifully, aside from the single leaf which has been slightly burned by the lights:
    http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/Albert_Moppenstein/media/WP_20140311_005_zps2205628a.jpg.html][​IMG]

Advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my first run at growing and I've got the hang of the box and nutrient levels, but I'm not sure how to properly control my limited spacing, primarily avoiding my plants getting burned. 

2. Add more cfls maybe hang a 60 watt and a reflector over top.

Sent from my C6522N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. That is one stretchy baby you got there. You should set you lights up to be moved up and down. CFLs lose a lot of lumens that far away. They should be 4 inchese from your plants. The second thing I would recommend is LST. Tie it down and make the canopy even it helps with CFLs weak penetration.

4. Agreed with the statement above get lights two to four inches away.

Sent from my C6522N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. It grew pretty stretchy when I mistakenly gave it lighting early on without it being close enough, but i fixed that quickly and I installed shelf racks to alter the height of the water reservoir(and the plant).

6. Better lst or super crop or even scrog allnthese will help with your next grow I would ...try to tie it down off the roof if poosible

7. Any suggestions for tying it down?

8. Tie a rope to the bottom of the plant to the container then bendnthe plant in oppiste direction as far as you can... tie a string to the top of plant to the container where you have it bent....... each day tighten rope a little bit a slowly bend her down a little bit more each day .. hope this helps

9. I took the CO2 bag out from underneath the reservoir, saved some work, but thank you for the tip. That'll come in handy for future grows for sure.