CGE-Questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by johnnyoutlaw, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Well you have New Jersy! I think it is the 14th and most recent state to allow mmj. Right? That's the closest to you......

2. I've got clones that maybe G.C. can give me a little 411 about. G13, Island Kush and LSD. What can you tell me about these strains? Thanks...........

3. Ive heard good things about all of them. I just recently obtained a LSD clone myself. I look forward to budding that strain.. I got the clone from a flowering plant along with 2 other strains brainwreck and lemon skunk. The trics kept producing and smelling great so it has made me anxious about putting some into flowering. I made the 3 clones into mothers along with my original northern lights.

I am seriously considering stock piling money(which will still take a while) and moving to a state where i can do this as a full time job. I really enjoy every aspect of it. Youre doing almost the exact thing i would do. Although my dwc recirc system will be a little more complex with the option to have nute water or ph'd water for flushing. I would have it setup to harvest in phases of monthly harvest instead of one large harvest every 2-3 months.

I envy you and joe heh

4. #64 johnnyoutlaw, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    Hey there GC, sorry it's taken me a while to post again. Here is the current progress.......The pix where you see string going across is the area where I will hang buds to dry. And the pic where it's all closed up. One of the pix shows from the inside looking toward the front door. you'll see that the cubby hole area drying area extends behind the plywood wall into the cubby area next to the front door. 475 linear feet of string... The PVC pipe you see is a drain line for changing out/dumping nute formula to an outside garden (tomatoes, peppers). The drain that is in the flower room backs up sometimes and is a little slow to drain. But it is perfect for the two dehumidifiers on the constant drain and for the RO water. Also for filling water jugs/spillage. I have a pump I will put in the veg tubs and attach a hose to the drian PVC going through the wall. You will also notice the pic with the BB. For demonstration purposes the BB are all hooked up, air is on and I have installed up a re-circulation set up. I had this stuff laying around from another build I was going to do but changed up the program. More pix in the next post below............... Oh, and a pic of prop 215, SB 420 and my recommendation. You probably can' read it but I am allowed 36 total plants of which 18 can be mature.

Attached Files:

5. #65 johnnyoutlaw, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    Pic of H20 pump power cord coming out of the side (at the top) of the bucket. Pic of the small pump (harbor freight-we'll see how long it lasts!) H20 manifold (closed off all but three spots). A funny fitting is screwed into the bottom of the manifold. The water is pumping and circulating at the same rate. H20 level is constant in all 4 BB. A small 3 or 4 site manifold is around 5 bucks and the pump was 10 bucks. A few line stakes some, 1/2" I.D. hose and some 1/4" hose and walla! I turned the H20 pump all the way down and the manifold sites are all the way open. So for approx. 80 bucks (including tax) for all parts divided by 4 (4 sets of BB) is 20 bucks per recirc. system. Not bad. I hope is does the job so I won't have to worry about circulating my solution everyday.

Attached Files:

6. Let's get to the cost. The cost of the building materials was $3,286.47 This number would be A LOT higher for two reasons: 1. we purchased the material in the winter season. During the summer season the cost for things like lumber roofing, drywall, insullation ect., is more. (for instance, plywood during winter is approx. $8 to $9 for a sheet. During summer it's $14!) and 2. we got approx. $500 worth (winter price) of wood donated to us by a friend who had a shed. She let us tear it down and use it for our project. Some flowers are comin her way! Equipment cost was $4,586.91 As stated in a previous post, we gave a friend $2000 for his labor. If my partner and I would not have worked on this project ourselves and had to hire one or two guys to replace us the cost would be about $5000. Probably a lot more! Labor will kill you on a job let me tell you. So let's see, all added up it cost us: $9873.38 (plus utilities through the first cycles until I get compensated-I'll let you guys know the increase in the utilities when I have a good figure) If we were to hire someone to do it all for us, it realistically could run an estimated $18,000 (Turn key-that would include the company's profit labor and all materials and equpment and hand us the keys). It sure is good to have a construction background. I could have never afforded this set up if I didn't!............... 4 mo since I started this. Had a few problems with the clones I received otherwise all BB would be flowering at this time. At present, one plant is in flower. Approx. two weeks they will all be going. Feel free to keep commenting on this journal as much as you like, and at this time I am going to start a new journal in the growing section. Thanks for watching and your feedback and I invite you over to my grow. GC rocks!!

7. Nice job.

Love the detail and the do it yerself attitude,,,,,,,,,

8. Cool, glad to have you stoned bunny. Although I will answer and comment on things when others post, I won't be posting any new updates here. You will have to check my current grow thread for that. Look in my signature for the link........

9. Thanks so much unklsurf.............