CGE-Questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by johnnyoutlaw, Jan 21, 2010.

1. wasnt my friend, just a guy on another forum , it was his friend

2. #43 johnnyoutlaw, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010

LOL......Well, a shotgun is my choice of protection for my room. I've shot many a gun and I'm pretty good but I don't have the time and practice in...... or the confidence to hit exactly where I'm aiming (like 'OL Joe_fresh can!-Fuck yea) if I were to be under pressure like that! So yea, shotgun baby. Let's hope it never comes down to that.

3. Thanks for the link. I'm gonna check that out................

4. Dude, fuck me either man...........puttin in the time and energy to learn something (anything), work hard and make it pay off for yourself just for some mother fuckin' scumbag to take from you......holy shit that burns my ass. Those same scumbags will get pissed off if someone steals their shit! Go figure. LOL............

5. That would've been very cool. This is my first real hydro grow and I didn't want to get in over my head too fast. I've been an outdoor gardener and wanted to get into indoor. I wanted to move into hydro anyway and thought fuck it. I'm gonna go for it. It took A LOT of reading and learning on what methods I would actually implement and then designing and purchasing everything and then building the room and setting it up. Whew, it's quite a bit of work to see it all throught to make it happen. Not to mention the price. learning about how to breed and setting that up might have made me suck on a bullet!! LOL.............but that would be something I would totally be up for once I really nail down a few cycles of hydro. Thanks for the idea.

6. #47 johnnyoutlaw, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
    Ok, a few more pix. The almighty bang for the buck Sentinal CHHC-1. Cloner bucket Veg tub-DWC/aeroponic/fogponic one of the space heaters A/C for the veg/moher/clone room view of the flower room from veg/mother/clone room looking over one set of BBs through scrog built scrog out of pvc pipe and threaded it with dry line. pvc is warped in some places because of the pull from the line. I should have built it with another cross member to prevent that but it is what it is for now. It will work just not good craftmanship.

Attached Files:

7. #48 johnnyoutlaw, Apr 7, 2010
    So here are some more shots. Very, very close to wrapping it up. I thought I'd be done but I had to fly to Virginia for a week and also some things that I should have received by way of UPS/Fed EX have yet to arrive. Items I still need: a cool tube replacement. One was damaged when I received them. Vortex fan, replacement of the defective auto shut off valve for the RO system. I need to hang the fan/carbon filter and the 4th cool tube w/flex together, go pick up an extention cord to reach the CHHC-1 for the A/C, hook up the auto shut off for the RO, in the flower room. That's it for that room. All B.B. have been filled with H2O and checked for leaks. There were a few! Shit, getting all of those connections right was tougher than I thought. I consider myself mechanically inclined and I struggled a bit. But with a little patience and time, their finished! All lights and timers and the CHHC-1 have been tested. Lookin good so far. Mother/clone/veg room is complete. All except the area where in the pix in the next link you will see some debris still. That area is where the drying of the flowers will take place. Gonna be working on that set up this week but of course the garden can get started before completion. I have to go get another 215 recommendation. I went to get verified at a dispensary and they were not able to. I called and went on a website. No bueno. Seems the Dr I went to is being invesigated for not diagnosing a patient as much as the state of CA wants wants a Dr to. It seems A LOT of Drs are in the same situation. Ckeck yours! Anyway, these pix are of the mother/clone/veg area, the work station/cabinets, the cool tube duct work that connects the (4) 600w cool tubes in the flower room through the wall (with a 6" booster fan) into the 400w MH cool tube and back into the flower room (the vortex fan I am waiting on is the primary fan that will push air through the duct work), and the entryway.

Attached Files:

8. more pix.........

Attached Files:

9. And more pix........Notice the water set up. Kinda clean huh? The drain has the dehumidifier hose and the RO drain hose connected to it along with the regular water hose. (regular water is for cleaning up when cycle is done) And the faucet.....Hell yea........

Attached Files:

10. looking absolutly awsome jonny, my personal fav is the drain in the floor, damn, i guarantee in the next room i build im gonna make me one for sure, damn soo practical and use full, and i see you got the easy-rollers light hangars, arnt they easy to use, so kmuch better than the hooks and chains

11. hjey jonny can i ask how much your room cost you in total from beginning to now?

my room is bout 3 times the size of yours but yours looks much better made, and soo neat

12. #53 johnnyoutlaw, Apr 7, 2010
    I went with a high output air pump with a 12 outlet manifold you will notice in a few picks. Good amount of air to each grow bucket! Damn it, I want to be done with this part of the project and move on to the gardening. I'm sure their will be some hurdles to jump like the construction portion but I'm hoping I can get that nailed down too! A lot of work and time and research has taken place here so far but it's worth it! Challenging and fun...... Like a lot of you before me, you know that's the truth.................What do you think thus far? Feed back is still and always appreciated......Next up, the garden. P.S. I haven't forgotten to post up the costs and stuff. I am just waiting for entire completion before I do that. Peace.........

Attached Files:

13. Hey joe how are ya? Heck yea they're easy! I didn't want to mess with chains. The only light with chains is the T-5 over the cloner buckets. I'm not sure if I'll have to move it but just in case. The light is easy to reach and light and won't have to be moved that often if it does. The T-5s for the mothers and clones are mounted under the veg tub shelf............

14. Thanks Joe.....Wow, 3 times the size? That's huge! Holy cow.
    Around $7500.00 for just building materials and grow equip (and most of the plywood and timber was donated). $2000.00 in labor cost to a very trusted friend who does add on type construction work for a living and who helped more than what I payed him for! There will be utility costs (elect. and water) too I will add to the total through the first flower cycle. From beginning to cured bud.....approx. $10,000.00 Maybe more..............I'll get figures up soon

15. wow, im not done i got 5 weeks left on my grow but this room to date cost me 40K, if you would like to take a look its in my sig CGE grow

16. Did you say 40 Grand? On my way to your thread right now.........

17. #58 Dr.HydroThumb, Apr 7, 2010
    wow.

I am speechless and jealous. I am a grower and a jack of all trades and would love nothing more than to do what has been done here. Youve done a fantastic job. Probably more thorough. I have done concrete,framing,drywall,plumbing.a/c work professionally and I am impressed my friend.

Joe_Fresh has a very nice setup as well. you guys make me want to move to a state where its legal and be a caregiver. I love growing. Smoking it is fun too. but growing is my easily my favorite thing to do.

I cant wait to see what comes out of this room. Keep up the good work man +rep

p.s
    Any chance we could get you to resize the pictures to a smaller file on future posts? I love the picture but they take forever to download. Thanks

18. Thanks for taking a look and for the +rep Dr.hydrothumb...........I can't wait to see wut comes out too! I've done a little bit of a lot of trades myself.....Even though I had help building, I had a hand in every aspect of the build. The whole design from layout to equipment is mine. What state are you in? And I didn't know know about the pix being too big. You're the first to tell me. Ill change it to smaller for ya........

19. yeah. the file sizes are 1mb or more and they should be half that. VSO image resizer works well :)

BTW i am in florida.