Cfl's

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by coburn04, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Are there any other lights i could use that have a low heat level like cfl's but still can be purchased locally such as halogen, led, or flood lights that will benefit my plant during flowering?

2. #2 Addicted, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    You can buy larger watt(250ish)HPS(High Pressure Sodium) at any home store, like "Home Depot", or "Lowes." You will have to find the corresponding ballast/reflector/flood-light/what have you.. GL HF

But they still put out a lot of heat. This should be completely manageable if you have any sort of fresh air exchange.

Halogens - are no good, produce more heat then anything, less lumens, and even less useable light spectrum.
    LED - Are not worthwhile if you don't have the correct spectrum, very expensive, and are generally too weak(try to sell your 600w SUPER LED to someone else, at the end of the day its still only 3w per bulb.)

3. Yeah im just doing a single plant in my closet so no room for hps and ballast. Its pretty much a test plant. Looks like stuck with cfls till i get a bigger grow room..

image-3127524770.jpg

image-3442464165.jpg

image-3369917655.jpg