cfls

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by old_iron_lungs, Dec 9, 2012.

1. helo im planning out a micro grow with 2 plants and i am wondering if 4 23w cfls at 6500k would be sufficient for 2 plants. I know the rule of thumb is 100W per plant but, this being a micro grow, i am wondering if 4 daylights for veg cycle and 4 soft whites for flowering would be sufficient. Also I will be keeping the plants about 3-4 cm from the lights at all times.

2. #2 jetski, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    yeah that will work nicely. I have grown great bud with just 40watts per square foot of canopy. I used to get just under an oz per square foot when using a screen to shroud the bulbs with growing shoots

there is no rule for watts per plant because plants come in all different sizes. I always recommend 100w per square foot just for simplicity but you can go much less

I used to plant 16 clones in a 12 inch square pot. this filled up the screen in no time. the growing shoots were trained around the two 20watt bulbs and it worked really nicely