Cfls, rubbermaid grow setup !!!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ImrickyJames410, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Ok fellas, first post I know I know. But to the point ive been scheming up plans for my first INDOOR grow setup. I want you guys to critique me and add your 2cents to what my plan is now so i can make it better if its lacking.

Ill be doing the good ole Rubbermaid stacking growbox, heres my list.
    2 Rubbermaids (stacked)
    80mm-120mm exhaust fans (computerfans) ive even been thinking about buying a small ground fan and cutting a hole on the TOP rubbermaid and sticking it there. (Not good with wiring).
    CFL lighting, 6500K for veg, 2700k for flowering (not sure on how i should set this up yet) maybe 2 of each Spectrum inside.
    Mylar lining for reflection of course.
    Cut holes in rubbermaid for air intake (literally gonna cut a couple holes)

Is this good so far or enough for what I need to start my first indoor grow? and Can i use this same setup for years to come? ALSO i will be growing AUTO SEEDS AUTO #1 in this setup, Thanks sorry if this is confusing :smoking:

2. BUMP, can i get some insight??

3. something kinda like this?

Attached Files:

4. Exactly like that yes im just confused on how i should set up the ventilation part of the box? everything else is pretty simple

5. I mounted 2 pc fans on top powered by a 12v adapter for exhaust and a intake hole at bottom.

6. I'm planning on the same thing. I actually started building it. But I'm doing stacked normal. Here's what I got so far. Except the fan.... I swapped that larger one out for two smaller ones as my exhaust and I plan on doing a passive intake ... Seems easier and better/stealthier.

Attached Files:

7. I just don't know what wattage to go for.... I don't want to have THAT many bulbs. Idk. I plan on doing two at a time maybe three. I was thinking somewhere around 150-175 watts? What do you think?

8. your plant will need more and more bulbs around it as it gets bigger. Cfls should be about 2-3 inches away from plant. Thats why I did my box up like that. I started with 3 bulbs per side when they where seedlings. When in veg. I put in Y socket adapters and more bulbs.

9. Check out the book "Buds for Less" online. It will give ya abit of an Idea of which way to go.

10. Thank you, I appreciate the input.... So do you wire all the lights into one transformer/adapter or what?

11. being 3 socket vanity lights, all I did was cut the end off a extension cord and wired the lights to it. plugged into a timer and was good to go.

12. Oh okay cool. Thanks!

13. Can I wire two of these together to an extension cord?

14. yup, they can be both wired to one.

15. Thanks. I might just get one vanity fixture that holds three bulbs at 100w a piece. But use splitters in each giving me 50w a bulb at 6 bulbs. But I'll be using 42 watt I think each...

16. Here we go!!

Attached Files:

17. giddyup!!! If ya have any question or anything, you can PM me.

18. Nice setup - I did a rubber maid set up, thinking about a new one but stealth was tricky. Anyone managed to get one of these light proofed? might just go all in on silicon and vent covers

19. I light proofed with aluminum foil and reflective tape on inside.

Attached Files:

20. I personall wouldnt do aluminum foil. Maylar or all reflective tape. Aluminum foil makes hot spots but to tell you the truth... it isnt to much of a problem when running spiral cfls as you keep the cfls close to the plant.