CFL's OMG - SO BIG!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by unknown999, Sep 1, 2011.

1. So there i was thinking these 250W are just a bit bigger and with more juice, no doubt a bit bigger than the lightbulbs...maybe the size of two light bulbs...not THE LENGTH OF MY ARM AND THE WIDTH OF MY LEG!!!!! So yes...wow...
    Well so now my stealth grow which is dimensions 1 by 2 by 4 foot is kind of a squeeze with the 2 foot long lamp which is 200 watts which is only my vegging bulb.
    I then have to squeeeeeze in my 250W flowering cfl. They have all that space in the middle! Why not curl some of the tube up there? Meh nevermind.
    So i got my seeds today and everythings set up just about hehe. Seeds are feminised auto blueberry, and feminised double berry. Woot.
    I will grow two plants in the squeeze. Was thinking of tying the branches together if bushing is a problem so all leaves get adequate light so there's not loads of competition...
    What do you think?
    Thanks all
    Unknown.

P.s all posts and things said in this post are completely fictional and bear no relation to me whatsoever.

2. You don't need to do that disclaimer crap dude :p

3. and how small are your legs lol

4. Lower legs :p
    These things are huge i'm telling you. They're for plants specifically. So...meh

5. link?

Pics or it dont exist :O

6. Ive seen them, they are huge.... i bought a 125 watter and it was the size of my elbow to finger tips. I dont even know where that thing is any more so akward and small focal point of light.

7. haha yeah i have a 125 watt and it covers a 3x3 area by itself and is all im using for veg right now, they are great but u think the 250 is big....have u seen the 300?!?!??!!? huge man huge makes the 250 look like a hot dog

8. so why would you want a cfl that big wouldnt it start to put out close to the same heat as a hid

9. Cuz it covers a huge area, around 5x5' by itself and buying a single big bulb is actually more cost effective than a bunch of small ones. And the single bulb puts out about as much heat as 2-3 26watt CFL and u don't have to keep it an inch away up to a foot is plenty close.

10. learn something new everyday