Cfl

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by gethihg, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Cfl bulb 240w 50hz is it enough for weed plant or should i keep more lighting[​IMG]
    Sent from my SM-J700F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. is that bulb a 240w actual or equivalent ? i normally aim for 100 actual watts per plant with cfl's as a minimum, more is better with cfl's

3. #3 Shugglet, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Your light should also be horizontal to the plants, not vertical. And probably any sort of reflector to go with it.

Also, you probably shouldnt have 3 plants in the same pot.

• Like Like x 2
  4. unless its a multi grow?

5. Not sure exactly what you mean by multi grow? More than one plant? No it should still be mounted horizontally, and a reflector would help a lot.

6. yes i agree on the reflector and have it horizontal, it would increase the amount of light focused on the plant. As for the multi grow, what i mean is when you grow multiple plants in the same pot but just not let them grow as big before flowering, saves having to say train a plant to get same results except uses a lot more say clones or seeds whichever you start with i suppose

7. As a rule of thumb, try to stick to one plant per pot. But regardless this wouldn't effect how you should mount your light.