Cfl Versus Tube Fluoro (same Coverage?)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 2high, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Hey everyone. This is first post and right now I have 6 3' tubes, 3 dual tube shop lights, over 4 plants. Vegging seems to be going well. My question is when I switch to flowering should I, (A) replace my cool whites with soft white tubes? Or (B) Was looking at the 4 socket fan fixtures at lowes to replace my dual tube set-up, maybe 2 like this. Which is better? It would seem like the tubes would cover the same area being that my 4 plants are in-line right under my 6 tubes. I'm trying to compare lumens used between the 2 ideas.

2. Sinple, CFL are more versatile( can move them around easier) than tube, however, they both have the same shortcomming no penetration. Most tube growers just suppliment ther grows with CFLs to add light to the sides or the opposite with the CFLs on top and tubes to the sides.

Best lighting solution HID.

3. Well after some serious thought I went ahead and ordered the 250 watt hps
    system. Its really what I wanted anyway, but was too afraid of heat issues. I don't think the heat will be unmanageable. My space is 4' X 14", 5' high. Plus with the hps I can fit a bigger fan in there easier. Besides I was about to spend another 80 plus dollars on just the cfl's. Got my kit off high tech garden for 140.00, Just plug in and go.

4. nice man 250w is a nice way to go i got one of those and it does the job well. Now u can split up the room and get a prepetual harvest

5. Yeah I was thinkin the same thing. Glad I can speak to someone who has a 250. How's the heat? I was thinkin about throwin a 14" diameter fan in there.