CFL Veg to HPS Flower Low-Budget Indoor Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BlackWidow335, May 30, 2017.

1. So I'm gonna start this journal off with some basic specs since I'm late on starting this (I am currently on day 38). This is my first time growing - I have the help of the Internet and a local hydroponic shop. I want this to end up being a quick bullet-point guide for anyone looking to yield a decent amount on a cheap budget in an indoor grow so hopefully everything continues to go smoothly.

Overall price is expected to be between $300 - $400. Will update with the final cost after harvest.

VEG CYCLE STATS:

GERMINATION
    Paper towel method (3 days until taproot 'popped').

LIGHTING
    100 watt CFL (8) & 60 watt CFL (4)
    6500 K daylight bulbs/ 16040 lumens total. People tend to think I need more wattage & lumens per plant or per square foot (I usually hear 100 TRUE watts per plant which gets tricky with CFL's) but personally, I disagree, especially if you plan on staying in the vegetative cycle for 2 or more months. My plants did more than fine under the wattage mentioned above and actually grew faster than some other grows that I've seen that use more watts. I believe light and wattage is the most critical only in the flowering stage.

GROW CLOSET DIMENSIONS
    2ft 7in W // 5ft. 7.5in L // 10ft. H
    No Mylar during veg
    Fan

TIME
    60 days in vegetative growth after seedling pops above soil

SOIL & POTTING
    Roots Organic Potting Mix (75%), Perlite (15%) and Coco Coir (10%)
    Seedlings started in solo cups, transferred to 3 gallon pots on the 13th day

NUTRIENTS
    Nutrients started on the 25th day
    MaxiGrow
    Rapid Start Rooting Enhancer
    Floralocious Plus
    All made by General Hydroponics
    Nutrients given every other watering

WATER
    Distilled only (gallon jugs)

TEMPERATURE
    78-80F

HUMIDITY
    Unknown

PH
    6.0 -6.2

PEST CONTROL
    Neem Oil (as an emulsifier I used Dawn Soap)

TRAINING
    2 plants were left natural, 5 were topped. Once sex shows, males will be discarded and the topped females will be trained using LST

Next post will be pictures.

2. Extremely late reply but due to unforseen circumstances, I had to discard all plants a week before they flowered. I tried corporate life, but slowly came back to my senses. Hopped back on the website today and I'm restarting the journey ✌