cfl/t5/mh/hps/led the experiment

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenblaze, Mar 30, 2009.

1. there is all the talk and aruging about the kinda but different lights produce

so im going 2 find out for myself!!!!

im germenating 5 seeds right now and going 2 pick a mother out of them....

make 5 clones off the mother and set them all up with their own light(each with a different kind of course)

each plant will be in the same room with a black sheet inbetween 2 block the lights from mixing

each plant will be grow in the same soil... will mix the nutrients in one big buckets so they all get the same exact stuff

and just basically everything will be as close 2 the same as i can possibly make it....

soo i guess its just wait for harvest time and see the differnces :p

2. ok but you gotta make it fair. all lights get the same wattages etc. itll be interesting :)

3. great idea man keep me posted

4. We taking bets on the winner?

5. Im kinda doing the same thing but im a little to broke to get the HID's. I just have two florescent lights two CFL's and two LED grow lights on the way. Im not going as scientific as you so im interested to see how yours turns out. Good luck and happy growing.

6. well iv if i had 2 guess id say and im pretty sure the hps will produce the "best" or "flamest" bud's but the real purpose of this experiment is 2 see if all the extra cost and electricty bills and heat risk of mh and hps light are worth it.....

ill post pics threw out the grow and also im going 2 take a good size nugg from each plant and set them next 2 eachother and evaluate

7. Mine is more out of the fact that its my first and I have been trying to get as much light as possible whenever I have some money. The LED's are more intended for the sides of the plants seeing as i can get them very close.

8. Just adding my own opinion....dont use anything less than a 90 watt UFO L.E.D light.the're specifically made for growing....Dont be fooled by the 225 L.E.D's panels you see..they use fractions of a watt to power each light and are horrible when it comes to growing....Im very certain that L.E.D's are better at growing for veg than anything els....but when it comes to flowering your going to need to use a H.I.D system for the best results....