Cfl stealth PC grow journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Beasty_Bud, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Oksy mste thanks I think I'm going to start with 3 plants and hopefully if I'm lucky they will all be female :)

2. I like this set up man, ill for sure tune into this grow. Good luck!

Ps - bout the lighting, I would just go for the 6500k lights, it helps veg and seems to go faster instead of using the 2700k

3. try the shop greenlamp on ebay,i buy from them everytime.

4. Got some ordered from there now thanks man :)

5. Yesterday I germinated some lowryder #2 auto seeds and some Northern Lights #5 now to wait :')

6. check out pickandmixseeds.co.uk ,if you look around on your local highstreet you can get all the equipment. Im not sure if you have these but you can get bulb fittings like the ones what hang from your ceiling and you can plug them into a normal socket ,they sell them in alot of shops like wilkinsons.

7. Got my low ryder planted and got it all setup now, the low ryders auto so got it set on 18/6 70days till harvest yay :)

Attached Files:

8. Well alright,alright, alright. Good luck bro.

9. Thanks mate hope to see a little stem in a few days :D

10. The temps are all wrong when lights are on its at 95 Fahrenheit and when they are off there 63 Fahrenheit.

11. Hey bro you may have to leave the cover off till you get your fan situation under control.

12. Hey man. It looks to me like your intake and exhaust are on the same side. Is this correct?? Air will sirculate much better if they are on opposite ends. but in the mean time try turning a light off and see how the temp is. Also once you get your temp issue figured out, get your plant right up close to the clfs.

13. #33 jetski, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    what voltage are you running the fans?
    would it be possible to install the fan directly above the lights?

14. Yeah they the same side bit I cant change this as the front of the case doesnt have anwhere I can I think the problem is I'm using a phone charger for all 3 fans I might need more power :/

15. not actually sure what the voltage is its an old phone charger so I may need to upgrade it and the case wouldnt be as stealth if the fan is on the top, I'm also very worried as the case is quite loud :s

16. #36 jetski, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    that's your problem, most phone chargers will be between 5 and 6 volts usually 5.7v. that's less than 2 per fan if you have them linked up in series. your better off buying a multi voltage adapter and cranking it up to 12volts, or at least 9 each. either that or you will have to turn some of your lights off

edit....
    and be sure to link them up in a parallel circuit so they all get the full voltage and aren't sharing it

17. Okay so I've just rewired it all up to a 12v charger and the fans are alot more powerful however I'm only using the intake and outake as the one to blow air inside is very loud its a moded xbox fan so I'll have to find a quieter one somewhere also does anyone know a way to make the fans quieter but still as good there so noisy and this is suppose to be stealth :s

18. is the noise from vibrations or air moving? air moving can't really be helped. but if it's vibrating through the metal casing try using some rubber or foam washers when fixing them to the case. also rubber feet on the case if its sitting on a hard surface, especially if its on wood

bolting the fans through rubber grommets so no solid contact is made between the fans and the metal casing will make a difference

19. yes the case is on a wooden windowcil and I'll look for something I can use thanks

20. I put rubber feet on it but no good and I cant move the fans as I accidently super glued them -.- might use a 7v rather than a 12v and see how it goes