CFL setup recommendation?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by cardinal1sweet, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Currently I've got my first grow in an armoir I fabricated into a nice stealthy grow cabinet. It's 20x25x40. I germinated 6 seeds and all of them popped. I'm using 1 t5 right now in the first week of veg but know I've got to upgrade. I've got about $200 this week to drop on lights but don't know what my best bet is. Im kinda shying away from HPS only because the back side of my box is mylar only. I can imagine a lot of heat and ventilation probs because of the light. Idk how to choose a decent cfl setup. Help?

2. The girls from seed

Attached Files:

3. Day 16 with 1 cfl light in fox farm ocean soil. No nutes and balanced ph water.

Attached Files:

4. Hi man looking good so far! What wattage T5 are you using?
    You can Google for "CFL grow light" and there will be a lot of inspiration how to make one.

5. Only 24 watts. I'm out of town for the holidays and my roommate is taking care but I plan to come home with more lights

6. You should have the lights as close to the plants as possible. I keep my seedlings less than an inch away from my t5 and with cfls I keep them about an inch away.

7. Just a hair over 3 weeks!

Attached Files:

8. Have you considered CFLs?

9. I have 1 in the box right now and a fixture with 4 more is en route. Should be here today I believe