cfl problem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stealth1, Mar 21, 2013.

1. I bought 4x45w cfl lights 2x2700/2x6400k from ebay but the light from them doesnt look like other cfls iv seen.they looks alot less bright and takes a while to get brighter whereas iv seen cfls light up perfect straight away.also theyr is a electric smell from them and do heat up a good bit.also the bulb says 65w but the seller says its a misprint and that theyr 45w.
    I paid 38 pound so i hope theyr not crap.
    This is the link: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ie/viewitem?itemId=221181873829&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=05992044267

2. are you sure those bulbs don't have to screw into some kind of ballast?

3. They are e27 screw in cfl bulbs.
    Theyr screwed into a 4 into 1 splittee screwed into a e27 screw in fixture fixed to the roof of my cabinet

ForumRunner_20130321_042413.png

4. Well, if its labeled 65w and that is a misprint... not a good sign/start. I am also running 42w cfls 2700k and 6500k. I do believe brands make a difference, but can't say which is the best.

5. Yeah id be cautious if you can smell elerctric. heat still comes off them and they do generaly take a few seconds to warm up. id just stay clear of ebay full stop

6. taking a while to heat up is normal. without seeing them in person I couldn't tell if they were dim. having a misprint on them doesn't fill me with confidence. and I bought a carbon filter off that seller a few months back and it literally didn't work at all

7. im gonna try get a refund