CFL, mystery strain grow.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Cflguy, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Using 4 26 W 6500K cfls with a total of 7000 lumens. When I flower I plan on using more bulbs as it does help with dense nugs and more potent medication.

2. It's been three days since topping. She suffered absolutely no shock and in fact is exploding with growth. I have 8 branches and two new main colas. She is getting very bushy and is loving life, almost as if topping her gave her a boost. The plan is to get the other 8 branches up to par with the two colas to make ten colas that I hope will be .5 to 1.5 grams each dry. Sounds like a small number but I'm going for a quad to a half though could easily get an oz. I metabolize thc differently and don't build a tolerance so a quad can last me 3 months. 3 puffs keeps me medicated an entire day. Curious what other people think about that, my friends are insanely jealous of it as they blow through a quad in less than a week.

Attached Files:

3. Transplanted to final container 2 days ago, no shock, exploding with more growth. In the beginning she had tight node spacing but now it's getting a bit further with each node. I think it may be due to cold temperatures as I've kept the light in good distance. Will post pics when connection is better.

4. 32 days since sprout, no sign of preflowers yet. Usually they show up around now. Will need to induce flowering soon as she's 7.5 inches tall. She's very bushy and growing well. Got some purple going though that's genetic.

Attached Files:

5. I would like when people view my stuff to leave feedback. Anyway, preflowers haven't shown though three days ago alternating nodes showed up. I started 12/12 a day ago, changed my bulbs to 4 23 W 2700 k cfl bulbs with a total of 6400 lumens. I will add a couple more bulbs or perhaps get bigger bulbs as I don't want to add more cords to the mix. I've got 8 branches and two main colas. I used paperclips to lst the two main colas. The bottom two branches aren't with the rest of the canopy. If they don't catch up I may snip them off to give my other branches more energy. I'm liking the way my plant is coming along. My goal has been to yield 7-14 grams dried weight. It's quite possible I'll be getting more. My room has a nice skunky tinge so I got some ona gel and ona block to reduce smells to an acceptable leve

Attached Files:

6. Wanted to show how even my canopy is looking. This is day two of 12/12.

Attached Files:

7. I'm on day 4 of 12/12 and the stretching is crazy! Just lst'd two more branches and discovered a developing calyx with a tiny white hair! I'll keep on eye on it for the next few days to make sure. She's 36 days since sprout. I let her grow until I observed alternating nodes which occurred around day 31. Then I switched to 12/12. Hoping that bending her branches doesn't stress her out. The very bottom branches are not growing much and I want to snip them but do not want her to herm. I also want to trim some lower leaves that are starting to yellow. Input needed!

• Like Like x 1
  8. gratz on the fem. I always trim the bottom of my plants up either during stretch or right before the end of stretch.
    I always try to get it done before crystals start forming and everything gets sticky.

9. Thank you bongsauce. So today at lights on I examined nodes and found 2 small white pistils emerging from the two top colas. Definitely female no doubt though I'll keep on eye out for pollen sacks as I've had plants herm before. The final container is one gallon, well a little over one gallon. I may need to get a gallon and a half and transplant though it's risky now that she's flowering. I'm concerned transplant and trimming will stress her out though topping in veg didn't affect her. Need some insight as I've never actually cut into a plant other than top and never transplanted in flower.

10. It's been 11 days since switching to 12/12. There are many pistils emerging and she's ever so bushy. She's a little over 7" at her tallest but she's 16" wide. Bottom branches caught up and with how I have branches bent for light I now have side shoots turning into tops. The tally is now 22 budsites. I tie her down everyday as she is stretching a lot. Should stop around week 3 so I've still got over a week before she slows down. She smells great and the ona so far is helping with odor escaping the cab. If you zoom in on the first pic you'll notice her hairs.

Attached Files:

11. #31 Cflguy, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    A branch snapped right off while I was adjusting it.

12. Day 15 of flower, seems to be unaffected by a branch snapping off. Temps range from 66-69 lights off and 72-77 lights on. Humidity hovers around 38 lights on and 50 lights off. Got a small dehumidifier for my room and the humidity now ranges around 26-32. Dried the branch that snapped off and smoked it. Was a half gram of leaves and yes it did get me blitzed as I got 4 huge hits from it and it's been 4 months since using. She doesn't smell much but when I adjust branches she smells skunky with a faint scent of mango citrus, almost earthy but just the right balance of a hybrid, sure final product will be amazing as I plan on letting the trichs turn mostly amber before harvest.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good news/bad news. Good news she is day 21 in 12/12 and is getting a bit plump and frosty. Bad news is it went hermie on me like I thought it would from losing a main branch. Was gone for a couple days it looks like mold on one of the leaves. It's the only leaf like it, ventilation is adequate and humidity is low. Pic of a pollen sac I pinched off. Need some input on what to do. I could let it grow out and harvest it for the trichs and get a gram or two of hash. It'll still produce buds but I can't possibly find all pollen sacs and pinch them off.

Attached Files:

14. 43 views and no comments at all? So anyway I came home from work and saw that a few pistils were red and receded into their calyx, the bud next to it had a pollen sac wide open. I've been so diligent in searching for them and pinching them off that one made it past my eyes and now my plant is ruined most likely. I gently pinched it off and went outside to look at it, my finger tip had dust on it so not all of the pollen got released. I really need advice on if I should keep growing it out or just cut my losses now. It's 3 and 1/2 weeks into flower and all buds have triches. Thc production stops when the plant gets pollinated so I should most likely just cut my losses. It's my only plant. Nearly 2 months all for nothing.

Edit: I washed my hands after handling the pollen sac and then inspected to see if there were anymore. I didn't see any but there may be tiny ones because the pollen sac I found was very small. Someone please advise me on what I ought to do.

• Like Like x 1
  15. hi man.
    Usually when stuff gets pollinated, the pistils will recede and turn orange within 24 hours. It's hard to say without a pic, but if there's still alot of white fresh pistils being produced then I'd keep it going.

Think of pollen like the plague..don't expect to be able to see it all...and it can easily travel through the air or on your clothes or hands. It will die off or become infertile in a few days or you can spray things down with water to wash it off and make it inactive sooner. I often do little seed runs and keep a separate little box on the other side of the house, well filtered.

It looks like you're still pretty early into flower and I'd start get something else started asap so you might be able to cut this run short if you need to. Don't let it get ya down..this is just how it goes.