CFL Lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cash407, Mar 28, 2009.

1. where can I get inexpensive light from someone told me that i can get one for a few bucks is this true?

2. #2 sierra, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
    Home Depot. Get the regular 4-foot garage light fixtures. Many bulb choices and they are all cheap. You can also get "security" lights that are high power. CFL security lights come in a variety of configurations and intensities. I have 2x 65watt security floodlights on top that were about $75.00 a piece (came with bulbs) and then 3x 4-foot shop lights along the sides of my growbox. Total is about 400 watts and it is bright as fuck in there and my tomatoes are growing nice with bright green leaves and zero stretching. CFL's are teh shit. IMO you dont need MH or other expensive light setups and definitely do not pay for "grow lights" or other plant specific lights.

3. Cant get them for cheaper just to start I've exhausted all funds on seeds and soil

4. cant do it for free unless you want to go outdoors. why not borrow a few bucks from ur friends against ur future harvest? sort of like wall street.

5. Just go to home depot and buy fluorescent tubes for 5 bucks. youll also have to buy a utilite stand i got one recently at home depot for 9.99 in the lighting section. Your out the door for 15. But this is only good for large areas. Otherwise just get some cheap 14+ watt fluorescent they will work, just not as fast.

here is a link to what im talking about (this is a better model)

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100043531

6. I plan to transplant outside in two weeks but plants are stretching already at 6 days 5 inches do you think i can swing it still or do i need to put a light on it to keep it from stretching

7. i literally just bought this, its being unboxed now!