CFL lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by djhacker3, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Hi GC

Will 2 45w CFLs be enough for 1 plant for veg?

2. u need to read up really man as this is answered so many many times.... also u would learn alot more of what u need to as this is a basic question answered a hell of a lot.. to answer your question.. and not be a complete ass which i am not... just trying to help. probably not... as firstly plants need about 150watts actuall wattage... secondly that sounds like equivelant watts not actual watts.... which you would need.. but i suggest researching and findin out alot more!

3. for real. please

4. The watts are an easy way to measure your light output, but the real question you need to answer is 'How many lumens are the bulbs putting out?'

To grow in ideal conditions, each plant needs 100W or 3,000 lumens. You can get away with less, but you will also receive less in your total yield.

My advice, figure out how many total lumens the bulbs are putting out and adjust accordingly. Also, remember to try to get the proper light spectrum too. Vegging is best with a daylight bulb and flowering is best with a soft white bulb.

Hope this helps.