CFL lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by noahsman, Sep 15, 2012.

1. ok so I was hoping to get some opinions. I recently put together a DIY grow light using Y connectors from home depot. so there are 6 ports for the lights. I used two 23 watts = 100 1600 lumens from phillips that are bright white , 2 phillips 42 watts =150 with 2600 lumens that are daylight and 2 45 watts = 200 3000 lumens that are cool white. so I am assuming that with the 6 bulbs I am getting 14,400 lumens and a good mixture of cool, bright and daylight spectrums. do you guys think this is enough to seed, clone, vegetate and flower? I have 9 recently rooted clones and 1 seedling I am going to attempt to bring indoors that I just recently started outdoors. I know the risks but I am just wondering if you think this is enough light if I had started from indoors?

2. considering i had one 13 watt light get my plant to a healthy 10 days so far. you should be good.

If i were you. i would do all the veg lights the same and then switch them over to to flowering lights. (2700k and 6500k) respectively

But i think your setup will work just fine. I don't know how many plants you plan on doing under that. but i would only do 2. maybe 3 tops

3. thanks for the input. yeah I thought I would just do that on ten little clones for now and keep adding. what I did was, I got some clones from the dispensary I get my meds from since I have a card. I didnt plant them until mid july and I planted 1 chocolope outside in the ground and my black water and purple kush plants in separate huge pots outside. when I finally deciced to cut some clones it was just getting into flowering. I made my cuttings 3 each plant. I put them in the rooting cubes after using the stimroot poweder from walmart. I didnt have anything inside setup so I put them in a glass rectangle loaf dish and one on top for a lid and left them outside. they all rooted well and quickly. now I am about to try bringing them inside as I just planted them a couple of days ago in a rectangle plastic flower pot. I have done lots of research and some say it can be done so I am going to experiment. I have had huge luck with my outdoor plants all huge with wonderful buds and all very crystally. lol who knew I had a ghetto green thumb. I am trying to do all this with very little expense and I want it all to be odds and ends I find. I am about to create lights and shades from dryer vent tube from a video I saw on youtube!so wish me luck

4. Amount of lumens does not matter. Amount of photons per m2 of the appropriate color spectrum.