Cfl Light Leaking Strange Liquid? Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Loconnections, Aug 18, 2014.

1. This morning I checked my plants and looked at my plants. The temp was 75 F. and the humidity was at an odd 57% instead of its normal 49-50%. But then again it was a cloudy day this morning with a slight drizzle, so i guessed the raise in humidity was from that. 

Anyways i was looking at my plants today and found 3-4 spots of this white thin layer of liquid in the size of a dime on my outer leaves/3gallon pot. Then i saw a drip of the same liquid fall right on top of another leaf. WTF is this shit?! The only thing above my plants (in veg stage) is 6 26w CFL bulbs with a hood. I didn't have time to analyze the situation because i had to leave to work. I knew the lights were going to turn off in a few minutes so i just let it be. WTFFF is this!? Im here at work worried as shit. All i could think about is my babies getting fucked up by some CFL mercury juice or poisoning. 

Anyone have any idea?!?! 

(BTW NONE of the lights were broken they were still all on when i left) 

2. Anyone?!?

Im worried sick about my babies!!

3. Pics?

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos

4. Im currently at work right now, when i get home in about an hour i could take pics of the leaves that got dripped on by this bastard ass liquid! 

5. Pics would certainly help it's hard to know what the liquid looks like. As well as the lights to see what it's looking like. I can't think of any liquid that could possibly be coming from a light tho?

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos

6. Thats what I'm thinking... no way it could be from the CFL lights... 

Could it be from the CFL's melting something? But fans are pointed right at the CFL with temps in the room at 74 F. Thats pretty cool in my standards. I just don't get it  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

7. Pretty unlikely for the CFLs to melt something  Where did the drop fall from? The light?

8. give the offending light a fling. trash the light bulb. replace with a new one.

Is it closed up tight as shit or do you get enough air flow so its not just condensation.

9. ^

I was guessing condensation.

Best get fresh air flow worked out or you will have a nice mold factory and bug farm before long.

11. #11 maximus3256, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    I hear that's a good buisness somewhere.

Just not for Marijuana

12. You know i was thinking it was condensation as well, but when i look at the actual liquid spot on the leaf... well i see it is whitish in color. 

13. I mean unless condensation leaves white spots on my plants? Anyway i took a look at it when i got home... wiped off the white spot gently with a wet paper towel and it came right off. They're sleeping now so i didn't want to mess with their sleep cycle. Took out all the lights and checked every single on of them. None of them were broken in any way. So maybe it is condensation? No bugs none of that stuff btw. I checked with my 100x scope nothin. My place is very clean and sanitary. I don't touch my girls without gloves, and i don't visit them without changing into new clothes. PEST FREE! 

14. Anyways they're about to wake up soon for their afternoon playtime... ill take some pics and post them if i see anymore white spots :) thanks guys

15. #15 GoldGrower, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    Very strange. There is no liquid in CFLs, inside the glass there is powder, and in the ballast it's just metal and plastic. What is above your plants other than the light? What are they kept in? Is there anything on top that could have leaked? What about the ceiling? Could that be wet? Upstairs? 

I would be surprised if it turned out to be condensation while the lights had been on for presumably at least 12 hours. Plus, it still wouldn't explain why it was white. Do you have plasterboard ceilings? Water can pick up some gypsum while filtering through plasterboard and that's white