CFL Indoor Grow - 2 Plants (Bagseed)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Indeeka, Oct 13, 2015.

1. #1 Indeeka, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
    This is an unknown bagseed strain (growing only 2 plants in this batch, starting my 2nd one this weekend)

This is day 2 since tap root was noticed.
    Have her (hopefully her) under 3 CFL lights right now.

I'll be posting updates as we go.

Going to be fertilizing with Foxfarm GrowBig and Foxfarm BigBloom.

Here's the first very first baby photo attached. Just broke the surface.

Attached Files:

2. Update 10/14

Added a humidifier and a make-shift dome (plastic bag) to add humidity to the seedling. (It's dry in CO)
    Popped the shell off of it by hand because it was struggling to come off.
    Will be adding a hydrometer later today and post a new pic tomorrow morning.

Cheers!

3. #3 Indeeka, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
    Update 10/15

Day 1 since the seed shell has come off.

Bought some Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil yesterday when I eventually transplant this one and for the next one after germ.

Attached Files:

4. Update 10/16

My 2nd seed has germinated. Going to plant it later today.
    First seedling is looking healthy, soaking in the light. Watered last night.
    Will post new photos in a couple days.

5. Cool man I use cfls too keep em close or they will stretch like no other. Do u have any plans for plant training?

6. I'm going to LST one of them and top both of them. I want to see what difference LST makes as a comparison since I've never done it. And yeah, trying to minimize stretching as much as possible.

7. Actually I'll probably LST both of them taking into consideration the size of the cabinet I'll be using (It's about 3x2, lol)
    Also wanted to mention my light cycle will be 18/6 for veg. I believe in giving plants enough sleep just like we need it lol

8. I'm the same way I've only been at it for about a year I like to experiment and see the differences myself, just keep in mind that different techniques will have different canopy outcomes, and even canopy is pretty important especially when using cfls

9. #9 Indeeka, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
    Haha, I actually changed my mind about it and posted the same time you did, I'll probably try to do LST for both because of the size of my grow space. Not going too crazy with LST though since I've never tried it before.

10. Haha yea plans seem to change alot when you are starting out, but here is a link to everything to do with cannabis training and the website has by far been more helpful to me then anyone or any video seems like everything my mind has questioned the website has answered, my advice would be to use the search bar on their website for cfl grow guides I'm sure it can't teach you a few things you have discovered yet.
    Here is the training link
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/training

11. Thanks for the link!

12. No problem man like I said the entire website is good as gold

13. #13 Indeeka, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
    Update 10/18

Here's Plant 1, got a bit more CFL lighting going on because she started to stretch a bit. Growth looks good.

Plant 2 just broke surface this morning after being germinated.

Transferred them both into a cabinet to maximize light. Will be picking up mylar sheets and pH test next.

Attached Files:

14. Nice, and just a tip Mylar is freaking awesome but you can reflect almost as much light by putting up white paper or painting the inside of the cabinet flat white.

15. Thanks! I just ordered some mylar online anyway, but I'll keep that in mind if I didn't order enough.

16. I have a brand new roll 4x25 just too lazy to put it in lol. I'm gonna put it up before next flowering cycle thou

17. Good idea, I feel like my seedling growth for the first plant is going slower than I remember from my last real time growing years ago... I'm trying to keep the lights close and the humidity up, not sure what else there is to do to boost seedling growth?
    I know I've had seedlings kind of stall out at this point for me for awhile and then they pick back up, guess it's just a waiting game.

18. Do you have any new pictures?

19. Yeah, my newest pic is from this morning, reply #13
    Today is day 4 of veg (when the seed shell came off), I guess I'm just not being patient xD

20. #20 beast1333, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
    How many watts each are the 3 cfl's you're using?