cfl help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by viktorvon, May 16, 2009.

1. i am about to begin growing in a 4x8x4 grow room i have painted it white on the inside
    HID lights are little pricey at this point so i decided to use some 150 equivalent cfls from walmart (like $8 a piece) im trying to figure out how many of these i will need for a full seed to harvest grow. im using a general hydroponics eurogrower and plan on growing eight pineapple punch plant from flying dutchmen.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

Pineapple Punch

can someone help me?

2. #2 Bombastic, May 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2009
    I wouldnt bother with those small lights there just use a larger grow king CFL to do the job properly and they run verry cool as the plants can nearly toutch the bulbs. You can eather hang on its own of purchuse a reflector for the bulb.

I veg all my plants under one of these as there cheep to run and dont produce hardly any heat.

The one in the picture is for flowering

Attached Files:

3. They say to use 100 watts for the first plant and 50 watts or so for each subsequent plant. That's actual wattage, not equivalent. Your 150 watt equivalent cfl is probably about 35 watts or so ( I'm not sure so you should check), about 3 per plant should do pretty nicely. :cool:

4. doyou happen to have names and links to the cfls ? And that large bulb? Iam looking for a decent light for 1 plant.. I have 4 cfls all 100 + 27

5. Here is your link that you requested GrowKing

6. they're 42 watts and pretty big spirals