CFL Grow Qestions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ~KiNeBuD~, Jul 6, 2008.

1. I have 4 105 watt (which is 2000 incandescant watts) on 2 pots with 3 seeds in each. The lights are about 8-12 inches above the pots. Should i start it on a 24-0 light scheme? Whats the best light scheme to start off?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=productcat><TH class=box_bg colSpan=2>105 Watt Compact Fluorescent</TH><TD align=right>Check Out
    </TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; BORDER-TOP: #dddddd 2px dotted; PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=center align=left width=80><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=cat_thumb_img style="WIDTH: 100%" align=middle>[​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; BORDER-TOP: #dddddd 2px dotted; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 10px" align=left width=480><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=auto border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Compact Fluorescent - 105 Watt - Full Spectrum 5000K - EIKO #81180
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width=450 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=225>Manufacturer: EIKO #81180
    105 Watt - 6900 Lumens
    Incandescent Equal: 500 Watts
    5000K - Full Spectrum - Click Here
    8,000 Life Hours
    </TD><TD width=225>12 Month Warranty
    Eiko 81180 Spec Sheet [​IMG]
    Eiko Prouduct Brochure [​IMG]
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Catalog Code: FC105-81180 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #dddddd 2px dotted; PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=center align=middle><TABLE style="PADDING-LEFT: 3px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE class=pricetable><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>1 to 5 </TD><TD class=price noWrap>= $26.67 Each </TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>6+ </TD><TD class=price noWrap>= $22.86 Each </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=qty align=middle>Qty <INPUT type=textbox maxLength=4 size=4 name=quantity[31295]> <INPUT type=hidden value="Add To Cart" name=AddToCart> <INPUT class=buy type=image alt="" src="http://www.1000bulbs.com/var/www/www.1000bulbs.com/htdocs/images/Buy-Button.gif"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Those are the lights i used.

2. Do you plan on switching to hid anytime soon? if so i would suggest letting them run 24-0 for 2-3 weeks once they are around 4inches and switching to hid on 18-6 for the remainder of the veg time.

Either way 18-6 benefits overall when considering heat, and power consumption

3. No, i'm not using HID at all. I'm using CFL's the entire grow.

4. you should really get 1 light per plant, and give each plant there own pot.

5. I have another light coming as well, same 105 watt CFL bulb. I will have 5 total, and when the plants sprout, im gona move them to new pots, im just starting them out like that. Should i start them out on 24-0 light to get em up and growing?

6. yes. it will prevent stretcing and once you change the hours to 18-6 they will have a nice growth spurt. hope this helps.

7. I would keep it on 24/0 if I were you, rumple did a test it proved 24/0 is the way forward in vegging.

8. If heat is not an issue, I would keep them on 24/0 for the remainder of veg. Mine have been on 18/6 from seed because of heat issues during the day, otherwise they would be under constant light which, imo, allows the plant to grow quicker.

9. Awesome, thanks for the tips. We planted them July 1, so they should be coming up very soon. As soon as they sprout and get some growth, i'll post pictures of my setup.

10. Will you be using those 5000ks the entire grow? Might want to look into getting some around the 2700-3000k spectrum come flowering time. Like everyones said, go with 24/7 if heat isn't an issue. I think you said you'll be transplanting them to each their own pots which is good. Seedlings like a higher humidity. If you can keep both your temp & humidity around 80, your plants will love it. Also, what grow medium are they in?

TiCkEr

11. Yea i was going to use the 5000k lights for the entire grow. So for flowering you think i should get the 85 watt CFL lights?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=font4pt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 20px" vAlign=top>
    Is this the light i need for flowering? And how many should i get?
    </TD></TR><TR><TD><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> function submitForm() { document.product_cart.submit(); }</SCRIPT><FORM name=product_cart onsubmit=SubmitThisForm(this) action=http://www.1000bulbs.com/add_to_cart.php?g=1 method=post><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=productcat><TH class=box_bg colSpan=2>85 Watt Compact Fluorescents</TH><TD align=right>Check Out
    </TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; BORDER-TOP: #dddddd 2px dotted; PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=center align=left width=80><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=cat_thumb_img style="WIDTH: 100%" align=middle>[​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; BORDER-TOP: #dddddd 2px dotted; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 10px" align=left width=480><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=auto border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Compact Fluorescent - 85 Watt - Halogen White 3000K - Sunlite 05581
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width=450 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=225>Manufacturer: Sunlite #05581
    85 Watt - 4200 Lumens
    Incandescent Equal: 350 Watts
    8,000 Life Hours
    </TD><TD width=225>3000K - Halogen White - Click Here
    12 Month Warranty
    Sunlite 05581 Spec Sheet [​IMG]
    Catalog Code: FC85-S30 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    They're in Miracle Gro potting soil. I'm going to be adding a portable AC unit to the room as well to keep the temperature down.

Thanks a ton.
    </FORM>

12. If you got the money for a portable AC why dont you get some real lights? :confused:

13. From my understanding, people are getting quality stuff from CFL lights, and the portable AC is a gift anyway. :)

14. Oh ok, carry on, I thought you was buying it.