Cfl Grow Box. 1st time grower. How am I doing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by IamSnake, Apr 9, 2010.

1. #1 IamSnake, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
    1st attempt at growing. Cfl grow box. Diesel seeds.
    I built my cabinet using the designs from another forum, but using my own light scheme.
    Dimensions. 4' tall 3' wide 2' deep. 4 caster wheels keep it mobile. Made out of MDF board and 2x2 pieces of wood. Reflective insulation. I used electrical boxes with receptacles for the lights. The main junction box has a seperate circuit for the fans and lights. I installed 4 computer fans for intake and exhaust, wired to stay on constantly. 2 ac fans (120 mm) and 2 dc fans (80 mm) connected to a power adapter. I used fan filters and made light traps for them using square grates and abs 90s.
    Lights. 8 26w daylight cfls for veg. I had them under an 18/6 light schedule for a month. 1 68w 2700k cfl, 5 42w cfl, 4 23w cfl for flowering. The temperature doesn't get hotter than 83 degrees, and drops as low as 64 degrees at night. Lately, its hit 95 degrees. I try to keep it around 75.
    Soil. Fox farms ocean forest. Roots organic Buddha bloom nutrients. The plants sit in 2gallon buckets. I usually water every 3 days. I added rocks to the bottom of the bucket for better drainage. I use plain RO water without nutes every other watering. I don't have a ph tester, so I'm not sure about the ph levels. I'll end up getting one soon.
    Strain. 4 diesel plants and 1 unknown bagseed. The unknown seed is growing tall and slim like a sativa. I got lucky, they are all female. 1 female turned hermie. I pulled it out.
    I built a carbon scrubber but haven't installed it. The plant haven't put out a lot of odor. I want to build the bucket with a fan and use ona gel. I read it on a thread somewhere. I just need to buy the gel.

Attached Files:

• z7.jpg
      z7.jpg
      File size:
      135.4 KB
      Views:
    • z6.jpg
      z6.jpg
      File size:
      143 KB
      Views:
    • z1.jpg
      z1.jpg
      File size:
      203.9 KB
      Views:
    • z2.jpg
      z2.jpg
      File size:
      214.7 KB
      Views:
    • z3.jpg
      z3.jpg
      File size:
      198.4 KB
      Views:
    • z5.jpg
      z5.jpg
      File size:
      395.6 KB
      Views:
  2. 2 gallon pots seem a little small for a full grown plant. i dont know if you plan on transplanting them or not. i would get bigger pots if you could fit them in there

3. I thought they were a little too small also, but the box is only 4ft tall. If I were to put a 5 gal bucket, the plant would get too big. I have one plant that is too tall for the box. Its bent over. I think its a sativa.

4. yea i was going to say 4 feet is small for a flowering plant that isnt ruderalis. you should have looked into LSTing them to minimized height. if there isnt anything you can do then i guess you should just wait and hope for good things

5. Nice construction. I'm pretty sure you will grow decent sized plants in the buckets you have. I use 10" pots or #3 nursery containers for my plants and I grow them outside. Naturally you won't get 6'+ plants, but you don't want that anyway.

6. 4' is a perfect height for me. I was going to scrog them, but it's my first grow, and I didn't want to fuck it up. It's too late to do any training on them. They only have a month left. I'll update the pics soon. The buds look nice and smell like lemon.

7. Looks good! Looks like you have bulb Y's to easily add bulbs at time to flowering, nice design :D

8. Thanks. The y bulbs helped a lot during veg. I was able to connect 3 cfls to one receptacle. The temps get a little hot with all those lights on.

9. Updated pics.

Attached Files:

10. updated pics

Attached Files: