Cfl grow, Are these bulbs enough?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by smither123, Jan 19, 2014.

1. fairplay i couldnt trust them outside in the uk lol my airing cupboard is just perfect :) iv never grown before this is my first time

2. [quote name="jayc2012" post="19411722" timestamp="1390774498"]fairplay i couldnt trust them outside in the uk lol my airing cupboard is just perfect :) iv never grown before this is my first time[/quote]Yeah, I had to harvest one early because I saw some kids round my plant. So risky! Good luck it's looking good. Hope mine will look like yours :) Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

3. dont blame ya ! trust NOONE when it comes to ganja i dont even buy anymore 1.5gs for £20 off the radar man! grow ya own u know whats going in and most of all u can see what your gettin from it i havent hardly touched mine tbh once i get my tent and 250w hps kit then i know i wont be able to leave it alone the growth rate is exceptional ! as for yours looking like mine yours is a amazing strain widow ayy well if u aint happy with the yeild then get a better light but i KNOW ull just love the produce of her !!

4. #24 smither123, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    [quote name="jayc2012" post="19411841" timestamp="1390775819"]dont blame ya ! trust NOONE when it comes to ganja i dont even buy anymore 1.5gs for £20 off the radar man! grow ya own u know whats going in and most of all u can see what your gettin from it i havent hardly touched mine tbh once i get my tent and 250w hps kit then i know i wont be able to leave it alone the growth rate is exceptional ! as for yours looking like mine yours is a amazing strain widow ayy well if u aint happy with the yeild then get a better light but i KNOW ull just love the produce of her !![/quote]I think CFL's will be perfect for me. I would be scared Hps with be too hot. I only want around a ounce or under every couple of months. Hopefully It can supplie that.Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

5. [quote name="smither123" post="19411860" timestamp="1390775959"]I think CFL's will be perfect for me. I would be scared Hps with be too hot. I only want around a ounce or under every couple of months. Hopefully It can supplie that. Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk[/quote]Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

6. just see how your first run turns out mate would be worth getting a hps if u can afford it do u really have a budget .?  and what about space ect .?

7. see ive been planning on growing for years and my cousin has done for years so iv seen it all lol and i know for a fact if u want some proper dank buds and few oz every 8-9 weeks then hps is deffo the way forward..>>>... with a 250w hps u cud have 2-3 autos maybe even 4 and pull minimum 1 oz of each if u use nutes and keep the temps stable u will get more alot more using scrog ect its all about how much u really want it man 

im running this cfl grow to get some hands on experance myself and to see just how chuffed ill be with the produce .
    looking at 250w hps grows on here makes me well jellous like i said the growth is exceptional compared with cfls deffo worth while

8. #28 smither123, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    [quote name="jayc2012" post="19411904" timestamp="1390776296"]just see how your first run turns out mate would be worth getting a hps if u can afford it do u really have a budget .? and what about space ect .?[/quote]I've got a cupboard which is really long but only about 1m in height at the tallest. I'm making a grow box to fit inside which will be around 30cm (length) x 30cm (width) x 60cm (height). I have quite a low budget but I can upgrade it later down the lineSent from my W100 using Tapatalk

9. [quote name="jayc2012" post="19411928" timestamp="1390776571"]see ive been planning on growing for years and my cousin has done for years so iv seen it all lol and i know for a fact if u want some proper dank buds and few oz every 8-9 weeks then hps is deffo the way forward..>>>... with a 250w hps u cud have 2-3 autos maybe even 4 and pull minimum 1 oz of each if u use nutes and keep the temps stable u will get more alot more using scrog ect its all about how much u really want it man im running this cfl grow to get some hands on experance myself and to see just how chuffed ill be with the produce .looking at 250w hps grows on here makes me well jellous like i said the growth is exceptional compared with cfls deffo worth while[/quote]Well I'm first going to start growing and get some experience to control the odour, temps and nutes first. I may upgrade to hps but they product heat and that would get me paranoid about fires also I would be more paranoid about helicopters which fly over with thermal ray cameras. I know it sounds silly but.. Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

10. ur paranoid about all the things i was to start with ... tbh man a 250w hps produces heat but u aint got to worrie about the heat source being detected because thats only the case when u have got mutiple 1000w hps running within a room / house i know someone that has a 1000w hps running in a spare room in his house hes been running his set-up for over a year now and no heat from feds . as for fires if u use a magnetic ballast they run real hot so i see your paranoia there but digital ones run cool and quiet plus use less electric they all have built in cut-offs for surges or overheating they wont even strike a bulb that it thinks is at the end of its life there smart peices of kit 100% safe in my opinion

11. [quote name="jayc2012" post="19412048" timestamp="1390777762"]ur paranoid about all the things i was to start with ... tbh man a 250w hps produces heat but u aint got to worrie about the heat source being detected because thats only the case when u have got mutiple 1000w hps running within a room / house i know someone that has a 1000w hps running in a spare room in his house hes been running his set-up for over a year now and no heat from feds . as for fires if u use a magnetic ballast they run real hot so i see your paranoia there but digital ones run cool and quiet plus use less electric they all have built in cut-offs for surges or overheating they wont even strike a bulb that it thinks is at the end of its life there smart peices of kit 100% safe in my opinion[/quote] After I've got these CFLs under control I may consider it. First I would need to research about it. My main concern is odour. I wouldn't want anyone from outside my house to smell it. I would be incredibly paranoid. The less people who know in my location the better.What are your air intake and out take solutions ? I'm thinking of having passive air way. Or 1 intake and 1 outtake fan. I haven't fully decided yet. Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

12. for your box go for pc fans perhaps 1 intake at bottom then one outtake above cfl as heat rises so will the smell look into ona blocks there very usefull for all odors 

my intake is a clip on 5w computer desk fan . Then homemade ona block iv basicly cut the top of one ona block and stuck a fan above it drawing the ona out into my bedroom which is outside the airing cupboard its not ideal but for now it works can only smell when i go into my grow area im spending just over £200 in few weeks getting a 75x75x180cm tent ruck+rhino air filter kit 250w maxibright digilight ballast euro reflector dual spectrum hps (sunmaster) 50l bag of bat shit soil some nutes and few other bits its expensive but will pay for its self in not even 3 months lol

13. [quote name="jayc2012" post="19412270" timestamp="1390779519"]for your box go for pc fans perhaps 1 intake at bottom then one outtake above cfl as heat rises so will the smell look into ona blocks there very usefull for all odors my intake is a clip on 5w computer desk fan . Then homemade ona block iv basicly cut the top of one ona block and stuck a fan above it drawing the ona out into my bedroom which is outside the airing cupboard its not ideal but for now it works can only smell when i go into my grow area im spending just over £200 in few weeks getting a 75x75x180cm tent ruck+rhino air filter kit 250w maxibright digilight ballast euro reflector dual spectrum hps (sunmaster) 50l bag of bat shit soil some nutes and few other bits its expensive but will pay for its self in not even 3 months lol[/quote]I've looked into ona blocks. They give out strong smells which blocks the odour of wees correct? Do you know if you can buy something which 'inhales or takes in' all the small instead of masking it? That would be much better but I doubt will have that technology yet, haha.That's Another reason I'm not keen on hps at the moment is because of the small space. You have more then double the space I have (lucky) if I had a bigger space maybe. Can't wait to see all your equipment! Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

14. your only solution my friend is a home made carbon filter havent tried it so not sure how well it works tbh ment to be great for couple months then u have to change the carbon in it . my friend has a good one he made ill try find the link for u in morning man . and lol as for my airing cupboard its about 90x90x2m its huge mate :) tbh i dont need a tent its that big but i dont fancy covering all the walls with mylar tents are easier to hide if need be plus keeps dust and other unwanted bugs away ill show u my setup in few weeks soon as i get it sorted out waiting on going back to my job just hope we dont get snow!!

15. [quote name="jayc2012" post="19412364" timestamp="1390780314"]your only solution my friend is a home made carbon filter havent tried it so not sure how well it works tbh ment to be great for couple months then u have to change the carbon in it . my friend has a good one he made ill try find the link for u in morning man . and lol as for my airing cupboard its about 90x90x2m its huge mate :) tbh i dont need a tent its that big but i dont fancy covering all the walls with mylar tents are easier to hide if need be plus keeps dust and other unwanted bugs away ill show u my setup in few weeks soon as i get it sorted out waiting on going back to my job just hope we dont get snow!![/quote]Yep I think I'll try a homemade carbon filter. I have a pet shop down the road which sells active carbon. If it does get really bad I will invested in some ona blocks. How much are you suspecting on your 2 plants? Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

16. sorry how rude lol as for the ona i dont keep it in the airing cupboard mate . iv heard it makes ur weed smell like the stuff if its too close to your plants so thats why i keep it outside and its works pukka for now that homemade carbon filter is cheap to i just aint good at making things from scratch

17. [quote name="jayc2012" post="19412387" timestamp="1390780503"]sorry how rude lol as for the ona i dont keep it in the airing cupboard mate . iv heard it makes ur weed smell like the stuff if its too close to your plants so thats why i keep it outside and its works pukka for now that homemade carbon filter is cheap to i just aint good at making things from scratch[/quote]Well I'm good with my hands ;) hah I'm pretty good with diy stuff. I've heard the homemade carbon filter can work wonders for a few plants. Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

18. im looking to get with the cfls of the fastbud auto around 20-30gs dry thats my target but who knows and my power africa well that is a big yeilder aparrently under hps so im unsure hopefully atleast a oz or 2 :) when i get the hps which i will have before the power africa finishes it shud boost my yeild a shit load trust me ull see the diffrence brother !