CFL for seedlings?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by UKTokingGrower, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Ive got 5 plants that have only poped from the soil this week and was wondering if using a single 35W, GU10 CFL per plant would be okay for the first week or two of growth? Also, im growing outdoors primarily so will it be then okay to simply put them straight outdoors? Afterall they will only be 2 week old and would not have shown sex, thanks :)

2. yeah you can do it. i had my current three plants under two 13w 6500k and one 23w 2700k for the first couple weeks and saw great growth. as for your other question, i would start them out in partial shade so they can acclimate to the bright rays of the sun.

3. i use 4 x23 watt 6500k for each power bar and use 3 power bars in 3x4ft  Veg room . works like a charm . before i would put seedling outside i would run a fan on them for a couple of weeks at a min ,to make them stronger before puting out side   otherwise wind burn will turn them into crispy critters ,seen way to many tomato plant turn to dust because they were not hardened off for a couple of weeks before transplanting out side .--- Erb

4. Fluorescent lights work better since the young seedling needs blue light however CFL's will work perfectly fine, I have 1 growing with both and its flourishing :) good luck buddy