Cfl Box Grow, Round #2

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by VTyanky, Jun 1, 2013.

1. you use yeast for co2?

2. Yeast, sugar, water. Thats it.

3. Day 37, gave a nice drink to the beaut. Just shy of a gallon. Straight up wawa. Did a minor LST. Evened all the tops into a nice canopy i like to call..ring around the rosey :p

1371915954330.jpg 1371915992369.jpg

Anybody want to let me know which photo lighting looks better, please do. Thanks -_-

4. Took me a bit, but finally here and i have to say, nice grow!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #45 VTyanky, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    [quote name="grimwolf08" post="18245787" timestamp="1371916418"]Took me a bit, but finally here and i have to say, nice grow!Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]:lol: Thanks bro!!!

6. Looking great. Can't wait to see more updates. Subbed now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. How do you mix your yeast/sugar/water for CO2? I've had a vinegar drip before, but never yeast.

8. [quote name="tracytw" post="18245961" timestamp="1371920075"]Looking great. Can't wait to see more updates. Subbed now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/qu

Hey welcome :D hopefully all grows well :p

9. #49 VTyanky, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    [quote name="grimwolf08" post="18246081" timestamp="1371922306"]How do you mix your yeast/sugar/water for CO2? I've had a vinegar drip before, but never yeast.Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Empty 2 lt soda bottle ith 1/3 warm water, put in 3/4 cup sugar, shake well, add anither 1/3 water, add about 1/2 tablespoon yeast, cap and shake. Heres a pic of setup minus mixture. Havent made any fresh yet. Later today...:D

10. Nice! Do you know how many ppm that produces with that mix?

11. For the brits, 2 litre bottle with cap and another OR a smaller down to say 500ml if preferred, One litre of warm to tepid (not hot that's a big nono) water. Add to the water (in a jug is easiest) as much sugar as you can dissolve, once it cant dissolve any more its reached its saturation point. add a packet of bakers yeast (available at any supermarket in the baking isle) and poor it into the bigger bottle. Half fill the smaller bottle with plain water, any will do just tap water. Take the cap from the bigger bottle and drill a 6mm hole into it push into the hole some 6mm air line. It shouldnt need to be sealed with any glue cos you will notice trying to get the air line into the hole its a TIGHT fit. Take the cap of the smaller bottle and drill two 6mm holes into it. Feed the air line from the bigger bottle into the smaller and make sure it goes under the water in the smaller bottle. This stops nasty icky bubbles (slightly alcoholic I would suggest as a by product of making CO2 like this is ...... Alcohol. 
     So you have one of the smaller lid holes with a piece of air line in it, take another piece and push it into the other hole. Tighten both lids onto the bottles and place the lose end where you would like to, I would suggest at the back of the circulation fan to spread the CO2 around. 
     This kind of generator should last you about a week to 11 days, It will make troth and scummy bubbles, this is normal and if it travels out of the larger bottle will not get past the smaller (cos the tube is under the water.
     It is very hard to regulate the amount of CO2 injected into the grow area with this style co2 injection. BUT it's gotta be batter than nowt right?
    I learned all this through keeping aqua scapes where it is easier to control due to various implements :p)

I hope this helps some folks.

12. And if you cut the airline at a sharp angle it will be ALOT easier to get into the drilled holes than a flat end !

13. Thanks for the detailed walkthrough, it really helps! I'd plus rep if i could.

14. IDK how to rep ppl! lol is there a special thing? Pay for membership or something ?

15. VTyanky, hope you don't mind me posting this here, but wanna make sure it's right. First are the bottles, then is the uptake to the growing area. Will this work?

Attached Files:

16. Is it gas tight ? If it is and you see bubbles coming out the tube from the large bottle then your all set man ! do you have one without for comparison ? I read that higher temps work better with CO2

17. It's airtight except for a small leak in the fat bottle that i'll either tape or epoxy. And it's not cooking yet, just water.

And no, + rep used to be a thing on GC to show respect and such. It's not on the app. Haven't checked the site to see if it's still there.

18. cool man. So like I say your onto a winner with that :p) Can I ask if ur in the uk? I see those led's from china for like £27 on ebay uk but aint sure if I should bite that bullet or not !

19. Nah, not UK. And i'm just using these led's for the first time. I've always used hps and mh. So after this you should be able to tell if you want it or not. Time will tell. :)