Cfl and lst grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jigsawking420, Nov 23, 2011.

1. [quote name='"KB Grower"']Sorry what was your Q. And the only thing that is incorrect is that hes saying all or even most medical dispensarys or growers selling to dispensarys cure their crop for 6 months, which is highly unlikey. Most grpwers cant afford to sit on a crop for 6 months. A month is all u need to produce a perfect cure if done correctly[/quote]

Haha fuck right bro theres so much for me to learn. I love growing this stuff with a passion :D but anyways I want to know if its ok to take leafs off that take light away from bud sites (no or hardly any light exposed to bud sites). Also another question I have right now has to do with the growth of the bud it self. My buds are small, and it's about day 24 or something. Could you give me a run down of what buds are doing weekly or how the buds grow and mature if even possible.

Thanks, bro :)

2. I remember reading it, it was about the medicinal smoke has so much CBD or whatever chemical it breaks down into.
    The article was saying that the longer the cure the higher the CBD %.
    It also said CBD doesnt produce much until after a months cure.

But hey i aint selling to no dispenseries or curing for 6 months either.

3. #83 KB Grower, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
    I wouldnt take off any healthy leaves.... especially on small plants where there is not a lot of them. Cause those are how the plant makes energy. So just try to tuck them under the bud sites imo or leave them be.

This is u first grow and its a learning experience. So your not gonna get huge buds and yeild because its your first grow... you don't know what to do to increase bud and keep the plant healthy... sorry man if it comes off that I'm bashin you I'm not at all. Just No ones first gvrow is gonna be amazing with no problems (well few)

But basically the run down is this. From first day you see a pistil next week they'll be all over (week 1) . Week 2 hairs everywhere and little buds startin to form. week 3-5 buds forming... actually looking like buds. Weeks 5-8 (considering its an 8 week strain) buds plump up a LOT. Week 7-8 buds start looking smokeable (looks like buds you'd buy). Starting to get ripe. Weeks 8 is the window of harvest. This is when you harvest. this is also a very rough timeline hahahahah. Earlier harvest means more cloudy glandular heads means more sativa effects. Longer harvest means more amber heads means more indica effects

Hardest thing ull go thru this grow is to wait to harvest. You will reaaaaaaally want to. But you gotta wait cause harvest early all ur potency and work goes down the drain. Here's a good sticky to read when that time comes around

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/666373-guide-when-harvest.html

4. werd well dont believe everything you read. including me :eek::smoke:

Yes its true that thc continues to break down into cbd during curing.... but it also breaks down during flowering during the window of harvest. the longer you wait to harvest the more thc breaks into cbd. You can see this by looking at the amber trichs. the amber=cbd basically

however. you must remeber not all medical smoke is high in cbd, or even the majority... because cbd only treats pain, insomnia, ( i think appetite stimulate too) but what about the people with depression ? they need thc more than cbd...........

see what im saying?

5. [quote name='"KB Grower"']I wouldnt take off any healthy leaves.... especially on small plants where there is not a lot of them. Cause those are how the plant makes energy. So just try to tuck them under the bud sites imo or leave them be.

This is u first grow and its a learning experience. So your not gonna get huge buds and yeild because its your first grow... you don't know what to do to increase bud and keep the plant healthy... sorry man if it comes off that I'm bashin you I'm not at all. Just No ones first gvrow is gonna be amazing with no problems (well few)

But basically the run down is this. From first day you see a pistil next week they'll be all over (week 1) . Week 2 hairs everywhere and little buds startin to form. week 3-5 buds forming... actually looking like buds. Weeks 5-8 (considering its an 8 week strain) buds plump up a LOT. Week 7-8 buds start looking smokeable (looks like buds you'd buy). Starting to get ripe. Weeks 8 is the window of harvest. This is when you harvest. this is also a very rough timeline hahahahah. Earlier harvest means more cloudy glandular heads means more sativa effects. Longer harvest means more amber heads means more indica effects

Hardest thing ull go thru this grow is to wait to harvest. You will reaaaaaaally want to. But you gotta wait cause harvest early all ur potency and work goes down the drain. Here's a good sticky to read when that time comes around

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/666373-guide-when-harvest.html[/quote]

Hell yeah bro that's what I needed to know :D ++++ rep thanks as really this is my first indoor grow ive had a outdoor plant that got like 6 foot but I chopped it down cause I was rushing it and didn't think it would do anything :(, when I look back at the pics I kick myself in the ass and say god damn it that was a female I just had to wait way longer till it started flowering which I didn't know it took a while longer for outdoor plants to flower chopped her about late August or early september lmao. What a fail for me.

Any ways bro the info on that link is amazing just sad it takes a long time but I know it's for the better, so I can wait :)

6. Hahaha major bummer bout the outdoor plant. Buy kinda funny

Anyways what youll learn about cfls is that they suck. Theyre ineffecient. I cant grow anymore not for a few years but id use cfls cause i didnt have the option to use hps. The thing is all your effort and time (4 months is a hella long time) is not woth it (imo) just to get a oz or 2 nd have it last you 1 moth or 2. This depend s on how many plants and watts of course

Cfls are excellent fot gettininto growing and learning. And id highly suggest a newcomer to do a cfl grow first. But when u start geting serious go into the direction of the hps.

This is all my opinion of course but the fact of the mattrr is hps yeilds are incomparable to cfls

7. [quote name='"KB Grower"']Hahaha major bummer bout the outdoor plant. Buy kinda funny

Anyways what youll learn about cfls is that they suck. Theyre ineffecient. I cant grow anymore not for a few years but id use cfls cause i didnt have the option to use hps. The thing is all your effort and time (4 months is a hella long time) is not woth it (imo) just to get a oz or 2 nd have it last you 1 moth or 2. This depend s on how many plants and watts of course

Cfls are excellent fot gettininto growing and learning. And id highly suggest a newcomer to do a cfl grow first. But when u start geting serious go into the direction of the hps.

This is all my opinion of course but the fact of the mattrr is hps yeilds are incomparable to cfls[/quote]

Right on my bro, and yeah cfls are shity. You just need to many of the damn things to do much of anything but hey I can't talk I'm only using two ^.^ and things are going nice. Just as you said though it doesn't yield what any grower would like to see compared to a hps.

Hey your really right about new growers learning about growing using cfls I learned a lot and still am; something's I want to try next grow is to: give nutes it needs :p, try better lighting/more (will depend on money I have at time), MORE ROOM instead of a cardboard fucking box. Lmao

But it shouldn't be but 30 more days give or take to harvest from what you have said. I suffer from bad depression so I need something up lifting even if that's not what a indca (pain) does.

And again thanks for all the info I'm having a blast taking about this stuff :smoke: :D

8. ive used a 400 watter h.i.d. in the past,,, it was excellent,,

right now im doing a total flouroscent grow,,,,not cfl's.

i think flouro's will do the job... o.k. as long as you pay attention to details,,,

it's all in the bulb,:cool:

9. [quote name='"chicken"']ive used a 400 watter h.i.d. in the past,,, it was excellent,,

right now im doing a total flouroscent grow,,,,not cfl's.

i think flouro's will do the job... o.k. as long as you pay attention to details,,,

it's all in the bulb,:cool:[/quote]

Nice bro how's that going overall? :) it's funny cause I look back and I started these baby's with a fluorescent light the only thing I would have to say bad is they don't give off much light or at least mine didn't and which made my baby's grow slow as fuck :/ oh well I added two cfls and lost the fluorescent light. I have seen some nice grows come out of them very nice for veg but shit they are a little costly or about the same as a hps fixture and bulb right?

10. i think it depends on the ammount of lights you have,,,

right now i hve,,5 flouros blasting light,,,

i got 2 more to add to the group... when my job and time will allow it,,,

ive started many plants uneder flouro's... and then moved them to the h.i.d.

it will definatlly be a slow grow,, im prepared for that,,,

perhaps in the future i may do a 250 watt h.i.d.

but id have to build a new grow box,,,

my box demindions are what determined my decision to do a 100% flouro,

11. [quote name='"chicken"']i think it depends on the ammount of lights you have,,,

right now i hve,,5 flouros blasting light,,,

i got 2 more to add to the group... when my job and time will allow it,,,

ive started many plants uneder flouro's... and then moved them to the h.i.d.

it will definatlly be a slow grow,, im prepared for that,,,

perhaps in the future i may do a 250 watt h.i.d.

but id have to build a new grow box,,,

my box demindions are what determined my decision to do a 100% flouro,[/quote]

Yeah I had one.... Just one.... Lmao worked while I let it, but again just super slow. Aren't HID for veg? And is your box longer then high or something? Cause that's why I used a flouro lol I had my box laid on the bottom when the plants had their week of veg then smashed her into flowering and stood the box up cause she started to take off on me lol.

12. [quote name='"pogmohoin"']I remember reading it, it was about the medicinal smoke has so much CBD or whatever chemical it breaks down into.
    The article was saying that the longer the cure the higher the CBD %.
    It also said CBD doesnt produce much until after a months cure.

But hey i aint selling to no dispenseries or curing for 6 months either.[/quote]

Haha I hear you there fuck curing for 6 months bro. I can hardly wait to pick that shit let alone let it sit in a jar just chillin looking good for 6 months.

13. its taller than wide,,,

14. [quote name='"chicken"']

its taller than wide,,,[/quote]

:eek: really lol whoops my bad. That's kinda weird I thought the light would lose its lumens fast when it comes down to flouro lightings?

15. well i'll be doinmg a tight lst,,,and then progress to a scrog,

the whole thing wont be,, 2 feet high,, if im lucky,,

with side lighting i should be good<------:cool:

16. Oh shit that sounds ballin :) next indoor grow I think I might try a scrog but I'm not sure yet still don't know the basics of it and don't even know how to weave the plant in the string or whatever is being used.

17. Hey man take a look at the sig for your next grow! Do it man trust me

Chicken right. If you invest the money on a high watt flouro grow. Ive seen nice results here in the forum

18. [quote name='"KB Grower"']Hey man take a look at the sig for your next grow! Do it man trust me

Chicken right. If you invest the money on a high watt flouro grow. Ive seen nice results here in the forum[/quote]

Oh no for sure bro :) I've seen people grow with them and I know it works well but I just have like 250 or something to put into a light and plus I just don't have the room I need right now so once I'm able to free up those bumps haha I'll be harvesting pounds :D :wave: I know I can do it, just is going to be a lot of work.

Life time goal is to grow out a plant to get a amazing yeild (pound) like those in vids and shit from Cali. How the fuck do they grow there outdoor plants SO big??

19. Yeah ive never tried outdoor i wanna tho. I just need to find that dank spot

I think two big factors are. Theyre soil mixes and teas. And if you are growing on a mountain side. Plants get a shiiit load of light on hillsides and can get huge like those 10 ft plants

20. [quote name='"KB Grower"']Yeah ive never tried outdoor i wanna tho. I just need to find that dank spot

I think two big factors are. Theyre soil mixes and teas. And if you are growing on a mountain side. Plants get a shiiit load of light on hillsides and can get huge like those 10 ft plants[/quote]

Haha yeah finding that one dank spot in the woods is really hard. I had to make a spot by cutting tress down and shit, was a pain in the ass to get light on her all the time.

But surely that's not all of it? Is there any methods you think outdoor growers would use to make there plant turn in a damn tree lmao.

If you dont know I guess we'll just have to wait for spring time and me try something's like:lst, topping, and super cropping.

I was thinking for a outdoor grow, veg it indoors during most of the winter, take her outside, and then plant her or keep her in a 5 gallon bucket? Then top when the Y forms take the new tops and lst them to make more tops kinda bending to make a T.