CF Boy's CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CF Boy, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,
    New to GC, and just coming back from a 2 year growing break.
    Ive always grown with CFL's hence my grows have generally been small. My last several grows have been with bubblers but decided for my first time back i would just go simple and easy, basically just to get a little extra. So not looking for big yields like i have been used to just wanna get back into it.

Anyways...
    Strain: Bagseed
    Box: 65H x 40W x 50D, just a crappy box i found on the side of the road.
    Lighting: At the moment got 2x 48watters, 6500k. will be replacing them with 2700k with flowering and adding some additional light (not sure how much yet)
    Ventillation:
    At the moment just a crappy little fan i found, being winter here temps stay pretty low - too low even so the extra heat from the lights can help. I let them get to about 2-3cm from the lights and they have always done fine.
    Plans: Planning on ScroGing them, i used to top them but causes to much stress and reduces growth rates.

See pics for more info:

Pic #1: The outside of the box
    Pic #2: Once the door is opened. Got another door (kinda) there just to reduce light getting in an out havent painted it or coated with reflective stuff yet.
    Pic #3: Showing the lights
    Pic #4: Overall box setup. The blue thing at the bottom of the box is just to prop the plants up closer to the lights (as are the CD's) for the time being.
    Pic #5: Plants (I know i know 2 plants in 1 pot sucks, but i didnt wanna spend any extra cash on this grow, just used what i had lying round.
    Pic #6: Plants in box

Anyways i think ive named the pics right, if not you'll get the idea.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

2. looks good but you should definitely have the 2 plants in separate pots so the roots won't get tangled together.

3. Yup transplant while you still can.

4. Ended up giving a plant to a mate, since he had just started growing. So that fixed the pot problem, and leaves all the light to the single plant.

5. Hate to be a dick but I hope the one you have there is a girl or you would be pissed really bad...
    Good luck
    Peace ;)

6. Yeah obviously. Meh no big loss. As i said before this is just a simple grow to get back into growing after a 2 year break.

7. Is that 65 cm high?

8. Little update.
    As expected the transplant reduced growth rates a bit, shes looking nice and healthy but.

Attached Files:

9. alright mate on your pic what do you have the string atatched to on the glass side of the bulb if that makes sence lol

10. Hey CF Boy how long has the plant taken to grow to that height? My plants are about an inch taller than yours and have been growing for around three weeks. It seems to me they should be larger, but maybe I'm just being impatient. Thanks in advance

11. BCOS: yeah mate the strings are whats holding the lamp up. i wanted the cab to look as normal as possible from the outside so i didnt dril or cut anything. the best way i could think of way tying string around either end of the lights to support them. normally i wouldnt recommend it due to possible fire hazard, but my lamps are running very cool, only just warm to the touch. so no chance for me.

CORALREEFER: Mine is 9 days atm i think so it doing alright. plus it got stunted from the transplantation so should be a bit bigger. how many nodes does yours have? whats your setup??

12. Nice make shift grow. I will be watching closely, as im probably going to start one of this magnitude very soon.

13. I am at my house which is not where the plants are growing so let me get back to you on that. I will take some pictures too. Peace

14. Quick Update:
    She is looking nice and healthy and growing quickly for only 12 days veg, the drooping is cause i just watered her not long ago.
    Getting some nice secondary growth coming through which you can see in the second photo. Looks like she is gonna be nice and bushy too.

Enjoy

Attached Files:

15. So far so good. Are you using nutes yet?

16. Cheers mate, Na not nutes yet, the soil already had some in it so that should keep it going for a bit, dont wanna overdo it.

17. you have an update for us?:hello:

18. Sorry for the late update guys, been flat out recently.

Anyways, i decided to hold back on LST and ScOG but ended up topping her. I realised i wanted a nice simple plant with 1 or 2 colas, rather than the many produced by the other training methods. i know reduced yield blah blah blah, but as you can see from my setup im not really going for max yeild possible.

she starts 12/12 tomorrow, just switched the lights from 6500k to 3000k for flowering. ive got an extra 28 watter im gonna put in once the flowering stretch kicks in.

Shes looking really nice and bushy and healthy.

Ive began adding nutes at full strength. Im using dutch master hydro nutes (only shit i had) but doing wonders for her. Atm using veg nutes, but ive got some flowering nutes which ill give her on the next water.

starting to get back into this again, so it looks like next grow will be hydro just cause of the sheer speed they grow.

anyways let me know what you think of the pics.

Attached Files:

19. yeah man shes a beauty.....im fixing to be puttin mine on 12-12....i was gonna do it tonight but i might give them another week after seeing yours lol...im usng cfls also so im following your grow..keep up the good work and keep us posted

20. Cheers mate, got any pics of yours?