Ceramics? or no..

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by GunjaFarmer, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Hey guys, as some of you know, im from Australia and there arnt any headshops around where i live. The local tobbaco store however does sell mostly what i need, grinders, papers, blunt wraps, lighters, pipes. Also he stocks a small variety of bongs.. Here is my delema.

Well he stocks glass bongs but all are no name glass and are all asian imports, the glass is extremely thin (my first and last glass i bought, the bubble smashed when it had a plate tapped slightly against its surface)..

He also stocks ceramic bongs, but im not sure about them as ive never owned or smoked out of one.. What are ceramics like? Do they hit hard? Are they smooth? Are ceramics tougher then thin asain glass? I dont have a massive amount of cash to invest towards a beautiful peice atm...

Heres an exaple of the type of glass im talking about -

Pretty much exactelly the same as my last one..
    [​IMG]

And heres the ceramics -

[​IMG]

Well what ya all think?

What are ceramics like? Do they hit hard? Are they smooth? Are ceramics tougher then thin asain glass?​

2. i had one of the ceramics.

It was a good little bong, and it hit good.

Better and more durable than that other one.

3. Dude if your getting a ceramic you should go buy some clay and design and fire your own in a bonfire.

I have several pipes bongs and bubblers in this way and they are getting way better every time i do it.

But yeah they hit and taste like thick glass plus they are way less fragile. Stonedhenge has been dropped many times.

4. my friend made the most bad ass ceramic mushroom bong. we call him the funguy. rips are suuuuper smooth, and he diffused the downstem so its really nice. the ceramic seems to get rid of some of the smell and bad taste too :D