Ceramic Nail help? Please?!

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by That One Stoner, Jul 14, 2016.

1. For some reason i keep tossing dabs on this ceramic nail and i just cant get it right. Ill wait till its too cold and then waste the dab or itll be too hot and itll burn like a mf. Ive been heating for 40-50 seconds on a really low setting on my torch with a stable flame(in a circular motion on top of it) and i seem to be getting decent dabs but nothing like a quartz banger. ive been using my wax jar as a carb cap and it doesnt seem to make a difference.

(I just broke my 5th quartz banger so no thats not an option at this moment!)

Stoners journey to cannabis

2. I don't have any experience with ceramic nails or quartz bangers as I have pretty much just had Ti nails since I started dabbing last year, but it took me about a week before I got down the right times for a good lower temp dab. I blast my nail still it starts getting red, wait 31 seconds and then take my dab, after some trial an error that was the money spot with me.

So I would just try getting your nail heated, counting to 20 and taking a dab and see how that is. If it burns up too quick, count to 25 next time, if it seems to cold, only count to 15 on your next dab. Just my method.

3. When you say you waste the dab, do you mean you can see it smoke when you torch it the next time? That was what I had happen, and I was told it's somewhat normal. Ceramic is a much more porous material than Quartz or Titanium. Those pores end up soaking up some of that errl (maybe to a part not as hot?) and it gets burnt the next time.

I ended up buying a titanium nail and it solved my problem. The kid at the counter was saying he just got a quartz set up that he really liked and said it was worth trying being I was in the market for a new nail anyway. But I opted for The Grade 2 Ti nail just because if I'm spending $50+ I'm safer with the version you won't shatter if it drops lol I'm glad I did too, my mom knocked over my Dabby Duck rig and it didn't make it :( needless to say my nail survived none the worse. I threw it on my 10mm penguin rig and I'm good till I can afford a J hook :rolleyes: