Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ceramic, Acrilylic, Glass, or Wood?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SomethingHeroic, Dec 24, 2008.

1. I'd like to spend some money on my first bong, but before I do I want to know what people think and why.

2. GonG...

3. How much are you looking on spending., If your going for something quality like a roor or illadelph you might want to have a couple hundreds bucks laying around or you could buy a plastic water pipe for like twenty bucks.,

<y advice would be to go for a glass on glass water pipe that is easy to clean - like no peculators possibly. An ice catch does come in handy though.

4. Cheap and cheerful - acrylic
    Something to treasure - glass
    :) hope you get something nice for your first bong

5. Nothing like smoking out of glass. Look for a simple glass bong, something in the $50 range maybe to start? Glass on glass is quality, and you can find decent ones for cheap, or awesome ones if you have the money to spend. But for your first one, don't go crazy...something nice and simple.

I'd suggest against soft glass though...look for Pyrex, aka borosilicate glass. It's much stronger and is made differently than soft glass...don't even know how they make that actually...but my first bong was soft glass, and I cleaned it like normal. Some bong cleaner (Formula 420 or something?), and hot water...picked it up to give it a shake, and the bottom stayed in the tub, the top came off in my hand.

Something simple like a 2 piece glass bong with a carb will get you started...maybe something like this http://www.grasscity.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/SJV-Grasscity-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductUUID=_GvV77yCPmsAAAEad_NG1Jtx&CatalogCategoryID=NaPAqAHA7L8AAAESzOEbgPtI&JumpTo=OfferList

Molino makes some quality glass...could even step it up a notch and look for a decent ice bong. If you want something tiny and cheap to get used to it, check out the mini Molino series. 12cm high, like 9 to choose from...1 piece with a carb. Little bongs are great for a quick smoke outside if you don't want to bring your nice pieces out if you're in a rush.

6. I like the suggestions so far, + rep point for everyone. Thank you!

7. Glass on glass with out a doubt. Arcrylics are cheap and won't break. But they are impossible to clean and don't smoke as well.