Census

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vitamin 420, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Personally, I'm going to follow some of the tips this guy gives:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsDhkPym01k]YouTube - The Census Is Getting Personal[/ame]

Although I've seen letters from friends who have refused to participate. They try to scare you into giving up your personal information... citing a bunch of irrelevant federal laws and such. It's too bad that Constitutional Law isn't taught in high school anymore :rolleyes:

2. YEA fight the power lol nice post

3. That's pretty dam sweet...I hope my mom doesn't openly let them in and tell them everything.

Everyone post the vids :D

4. great vid.
    im pretty sure you're not required to answer any questions that you don't want to. the census is looking for information to better help the government do their job. i'm going to answer the questions truthfully and completely because i like to cooperate with the government. but, it doesn't mean i have to. and kudos to those who exercise their rights not to cooperate, i'll be exercising my right to help.

5. Cause we all know how good they are at that :rolleyes:

6. You really think the government is out to help people?

Tell that to the millions that are unemployed. The millions that are missing fathers, husbands, brothers, sisters, wives, and mothers because they're ten thousand miles overseas fighting civilians in the name of "democracy" and "against terrorism", or the millions that are fed up with our Constitution being shredded and our rights being made a mockery of.

You "helping out" the government is just another act of submission; you should help yourself out and tell the government to go fuck itself.

Say, while the government is collecting your info, can we collect it too? After all, you don't know this "government" or what it does with your information, right? So how is it any different than a random person asking you for personal info?

What's your first name? Last name? Social security number?

• Like Like x 1
  7. i do believe the government is ideally out to help people. sure they think of themselves first and line their pockets with slush money, but overall there are hundreds of programs to help people when they're down.

back to the census, has anyone gone to the census website?
    The Questions on the Form - 2010 Census
    thats the form they have u fill out. nothing about income. nothing about cars.
    only questions about whos living where and what race they are.
    the most presonal question, imo, that they ask is your phone number but they say that's only so they can contact you if yuo don't finish the form or something.

8. [​IMG]

9. #9 Vitamin 420, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
  10. Are you fucking kidding me? When was the last time you interacted with this government? Do you realize how many people are in prison for drug offenses? Do you understand how many people are killed by our military every single year? Let me guess: all those regulations on various industries are "out to help people". FFS, open your eyes, the government isn't out to help you. At the end of the day, everyone is in it for themselves.

11. looks like i got pwned about the census form. but its not entirely my fault, they say theyre only gonna ask those 10 questions, but they didn't say anything about sub questions, those bastards.

as for all you hatin on the government....i can dream can't i?
    what if i told you i was a civil servant? would u still be hatin? well im not...but i'd like to be.

12. [​IMG]

13. Lol, Okay, Okay, I get the whole right to privacy thing, you're totally right, that the Federal Government has no right to ask you all these personal questions. But most people don't know that.
    The Flipside of this coin is this: About a month ago (I work for the town) they were handing out fliers to help work for the Census this year, the average pay for this was $17/hr. This is just a massive Government employment campaign, because they know they have to start employing people somehow. So the next time a Census Bureau rep comes to your door asking you some questions, just remember they're not doing this because they want to help the Fed collect data on you, (Although the GPS thing is a pretty startling), they're doing it so that they're not unemployed for the next month.

Just a liddle food for thought :smoke:

14. Turn off the television kid.

This is a striking example of doublethink.

These "programs" do more harm to America than you can imagine.

SMFH

15. It's sad how the government can dangle a little bit of cash above our heads and we follow it, staring straight up into the sky, not paying attention to what path we're being led down. These census workers are so blinded by the money they receive that they don't even stop and think twice about what they are doing.

I guess ignorance is bliss though.

16. #16 edward, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
    Its almost here folks!

I figure I'll probably fill it out even though it violates privacy... they probably already know all this information about me anyway and I'd rather avoid the terrorist watch list. Only terrorists and anti-government crazy conspiracy theorists don't fill out the census... everybody knows that.