Census

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 466836, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lol shut the door
    But then again I invite the LDS in too

2. I hate to travel for work

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It’s like working 24/7 imo

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. In order to govern people efficiently, one should know how many people are in the different areas. The problem isn't the census, it's the illegal immigrants. Either a better path to citizenship should be made, or more should be done to deport illegal citizens.

As usual, though, I see Americans more interested in pointing the finger at the other team than solving the actual problems.

Americas biggest problem - bigger than Russia, foreign wars, civil rights etc etc - the biggest problem is the incessant bitchfight between red and blue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. We've been down the pathway to citizenship road before, we had all of these illegals in the country so to solve the problem once and for all a pathway to citizenship was granted in exchange for immigration reform but after the pathway was created they never did immigration reform. That's why the Republicans are now hesitant to do it again, the possibility for amnesty became a magnet and increased illegal immigration.

When the other team proposes silly ideas they must be opposed, and so it continues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. It's odd how controversial this census question is. People forget that it was on the US census until the one 10 years ago. As a Canadian I was asked about my citizenship status on the last census I filled out. It's a perfectly legitimate question to ask on a census. If someone is a legal resident of the United States they have no reason to fear providing that information. If someone is an illegal alien they shouldn't get representation in government.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Are we forgetting it’s a voluntary question? Geez what a waste of money by the government.

8. If it's not asked we'll know how many bathrooms are in America but not how many citizens. Since we're doing a census it's a reasonable question to ask. Like Blazed said, Canada asks and no one's calling them racist.

9. I’ve never filled one out and don’t plan to start.
    :passtheshit:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Are you opposed to the census for some reason?

12. well this determines the amount of funding a state gets from the fed and the number of reps for that state - so it is very important - only citizens should be counted for funding and voting purposes - if a state decides to allow illegal immigrants then it should be up to that state to provide the funding needed for them and they should have to report the amount of immigrants in that state for tracking purposes and future citizenship .....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I am opposed to some questions
    they need to know
    1) address
    2) number of people living there
    3) ages and medical sex group
    4) ocupation - not needed but good to have
    5) citizenship
    6) Race
    that is all they need and even that is more than I feel they need

14. Why is race an important question for redistricting?

15. Klan funding? :bolt:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. I can’t come up with a valid reason either

17. I think the census provides statistics that impact a lot of things other than population. It's not like it's intrusive, they don't use the information against us so I see no need to be obstinate about it. I'm already obstinate about enough things so if they think they can use the information to better plan for the future I don't mind taking a few minutes and filling out the form. It's not big brotherish.

18. it isn't needed for redistricting - but is a good question to have to give total percentages of each race in the population - like the occupation question

19. It would be good to know exactly how big the problem is. If you can't define the problem it makes finding solutions more difficult. I think Trump was right when he said the Democrats are trying to conceal how big the problem is. That 11 million number has been out there for too long now, it's probably not even close.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. For measuring equal representation in Congress, or lack thereof. Following your logic, why ask if someone is male or female? But that is the same reason as first stated.