Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Census job

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jaysir, Apr 15, 2010.

1. So a few weeks ago, I took a test to get a job with the census. I scored extremely high. So today during a smoke session with my friend, HR called me and said I was chosen and had training tomorrow morning. I'm doing administrative stuff.
    So I'm wondering if anyone has had a job with the census bureau and had a drug test. It sounds like I already have the job but im not sure if they might test. I know different states might have different rules.
    The last job i did a drug test was for the county government. but we took it before training.

2. oh man your lucky I really hope i get a call i got a 98 and I can speak another language so why not o.o

3. yea. i really want this job. They said office jobs can last up to a year. good pay too.

4. You're golden, man! I've been working at the census since february. Before I got hired, I took a t-break because I thought, since it's the fucking government, they'd test me. But they called and I never had to take one. Fly high or die! :p

5. That's a pretty neat story. I was thinking of working for the census this summer, but I have been leaning toward getting an old job back because I know I won't have to take a test for it. The census job sounds like a lot of fun, and the pay checks are more than double the size of my old ones! With this post in mind, I think I'll do a little more looking around and maybe make a few calls. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know what you're doing for them, but since a fair amount of college kids work for it, I wouldn't be that surprised if they just wanted to avoid the hassle altogether.

6. Nope, No drug testing!
    I start training next week and'll be working for 4 to 6 weeks after that, making 11.50 an hour and getting paid .50 per mile driven. It's a sweet temporary job and I can blaze all day while doing it!

7. Hey man, I took the test too. I got a 97 first try, what did you get?

8. w0000t just got a call yesterday got the census job start training on the 27th and gonna work for 2 months fucking AWESOME @@@@ 18.75 an hour, first job cant beat that =p. Im so happy I guess i got selected cuz I can speak a language that is probably needed in my area and i got a 98 on the test =D so happy.

9. I start training then too. I got a 97 on the test but that doesn't even matter. You can get a 70 and you'd still be chosen because all the other people taking the test were new immigrants. They all failed miserably.

10. The US Census Bureau is recruiting for short-term, temporary, part-time jobs for the 2010 Census.

11. WTF? Here in Indiana, the only reason you got a phone call after taking the test is "if you failed"

So, I never got the call, so i thought I passed!? But, never got an email or phone call or nothing with my test score!? I know I did good because its a dumb test...

That was like 2 months ago, still havent heard anything about the job, good thing I wasnt waiting around for it...

12. You get 18.75 an hour for being a census worker!?

13. Depends on the position I think, but I know someone working in the office making $18/hr

I doubt the people walking around get that much

14. so as long as your 18 you can do the job? where do you apply?

15. 2010 Census jobs . com or something!

U gotta apply and then go take a test, might be TOO late to test tho? I dunno when they stop

16. nope no drug testing at all. lol. We didnt go by percentages for the test just how many you got right. I only missed one question.

So I get paid to sit in a chair and monitor the printer for 8 hours. haha. I just staple and paperclip papers all day.

17. This is a great job for 18-25 an hour.