Censorship

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Tray Dub, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don\'t mean to start an incendiary thread, but why the word n-i-g-g-e-r is censored is pretty fucked up to me. I wanted to say the title of Nas\' new album in another thread, and it came back as ******. I don\'t think we should censor any words on this board unless they are given in a particularly demeaning, offensive, etc. context. Plus, spick, chink, kike, etc are still not censored.

2. well i know it cant be easy to block words only when they are used derogatorily?

but other than that who knows, im sure there is a reason why it is censored

however i am curious as to why only the N-bomb is censured and not any other racial slurs:confused:

3. Wetback

I wonder if that\'s censored. I never noticed that none of the others aren\'t. Oh, well. At least we can use profanity. :D. Shit... See?

4. So is that definitely the name for his album? I thought he had to change it or something or is he keeping it?

5. He did change it, but they should\'ve let him call it whatever he wanted to (even if it was just a publicity stunt)

6. Yeah I reckon. What did he change it to? Shoulda gone underground like IT and fucked listening to them

7. this is a forum about a illegal drug like real talk i think that censoring naughty words in stupid compared to thousands of threads tlakin about weed

8. We had a majority, many years ago, who wanted it censored along with some other words that were also listed. The Mod team agreed so it was taken care of. Since it\'s being brought up, we\'ll go ahead and add suggested words.

It is what it is. This site is paid for by someone else and it was set up to be a utopia. Talk how you want in real life, treat people how you want in real life...but it\'s different here. Mutual respect is a big deal at the City. If you don\'t like it, then you don\'t have to stay. It is what it is and we\'re not killing the \"dream\" of the City being our utopia simply because others think it\'s \"stupid\". That kind of thought process is what we don\'t really need here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.