Cell phones

Discussion in 'General' started by woody, Oct 3, 2004.

?

What brand of cell phone do you have?

1. Nokia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Samsung

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sony Ericsson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Panasonic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. NEC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. LG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Motorola

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Everybody who is into cannabis (among other things...) needs a cell phone for obvious reasons. It's sunday afternoon and I'm bored like hell so I was wondering if cell phones are just as a fashion big deal as they are here in Holland. Even 10 years old have a cell phone today!
    Because I treated myself to a new one after 4 years, (I use to have a "refridgerator", as large, old fashioned cell phones are called overhere)
    I'll submit a few pics of my new triple band Samsung.
    So... what brand do you prefer?
    Peace.
    PS: added Motorola. How could I forget!

Attached Files:

2. Take your pic. All are Motorola Phones. 2 are Nextel
    The one on the left is mine, heavy duty as hell. I drop it all the time and it's still works 100%
    The bronze one is my wifes (brand new) -nice little phone to fit in her purse
    The one on the far right is our old phone that's being shut off soon.
    I have another one but it's packed in a box from our move. That was a Motorola too.

Attached Files:

3. I've got this little cheap flip phone from LG... I got it because the color flip phones with cameras were $200, the week after I bought the one I've got, the ones I really wanted went down to $50... I was really pissed lol ... Its nice and small though, smallest I've ever seen, and the battery live is great... I havn't charged it in two days with a lot of talking on it inbetween and its still at 75% battery life

4. I have philips 535, free from my dads contract, as he preferred to keep his old phone for himself. Much better than my old phone, which really did weigh down my jeans. Oversized old phones here in the Uk are called bricks.

EDIT: heres the pic.

Attached Files:

5. i have a bell equipment 14 channel radio with 2 mile range

no cell phone though

6. all about Nextel over here :D

Attached Files:

7. i had a boring old motorola, but i find a cell phone is just like a leash, i dont want people calling me wherever i go, and i find enough of my friends have a phone i can leach anyways.

8. I have a Verizon LG 6000. Great phone. Long battery life, kickass camera with good quality, etc etc.

[​IMG]

9. Nextel here too.

10. yeah dude, I fuckin hate my cell phone....even though it's never on..I just hate the damn thing..I'm going to get rid of it soon, and if you want to reach me your gonna have to e-mail me...or USPS it!

oh yeah, and I too have a boring old motorola

11. I've got my handy Nextel i1000... It's been a great phone, and have had 2 in the last 5 years.

Attached Files:

12. I have lots of phones, right now tho, im just using an lg vx3100

13. Motorola... gotta get a new phone thuogh... ive dropped it 1000plus times ...and used it to crush far too many pills..

14. Samsung E-105 by tmobile.... used to have nextel, just got to expensive for me... still have my i730..... my phone now is very lite weight and has one of the better color screens availible

15. I dont have one... that's like having a leash!! Unfortunatly it's begining to look like I'm going to have to give in and get one here soon.. now a days it's cheaper to have a cell phone than a land line at home... course at least my land line wont give me brain cancer, but whatever, right... we'll all die someday.. at least I'll die happy...

16. I have the Nokia N-gage....Its cool, I felt like I had to spend money and I get bored hanging out at my friends sometimes. So I'll pop out my n gage and play supermario brothers stoned lol. Its alot of money and is great for geeks, and just lookin like you are talkin on a gameboy=X

17. I have the largest brick phone. Not having a personal one, I just dont need it dont want the bill, dont care. I have my work phone they pay for it I get to use it as my personal except I dont get the bill. Its battery is easily the size of most of you guy'ss phones. But i do get perks. I can 'curl' my phone and get some awesome tone in my arms & it also doubles as a defensive weapon. Lol you and your supposi-phones :)

18. I've always had, and always plan on having a Nokia.

First one was a 252, which is a shitty analog one. Then I got a 5100 then a 5110i. Both good, generic Nokia phones. Then I got a 7160i, which I LOVED, but alas it died from getting rained on :(

Now I have a Nokia 3390b, which I love. It's small, battery lasts for a while, it can do texts, AIM, etc.

As far as I see it, flip phones suck. Especially the ones without a screen/caller id on the outside. They're too small when closed, and too large when open. A color screen, as far as I see it, is just completely unnessisary. Consumes too much battery, and is merely a cosmetic feature. And a camera in a cell phone, while usefull occasionally, doesn't have enough of a purpose to convince me to buy one. The picture quality is horrible, the pictures are way under 600x800, and just doesn't compare to a real, cheap digital camera. Sorry.

And don't even get me started on Nextel. Nextel is evil. I know quite a few people with a nextel, and I can barely ever get in touch with any of them, because the service/coverage area is so poor. I believe the only reason they're still around is the shitty 2-way radio feature.

Ohwell.

19. you have some long and troublesome roads ahead of you with that phone... LG makes some pretty bootleg phones. my friend has had one, and it used to make these wierd noises, the screen would stop working, the speaker would stop working, the battery would fall out of it, and the charging light would never turn off. i've known other friends with LG phones and they all do or have done atleast one or two of those problems...

i'll stick with my free nokia phone i got with the plan. i dont know how many times i've dropped it, but it still works flawlessly and i always have a full signal bar...

20. LG VX4500 w/ Verizon. Had this phone for about 3 months, love it. Got everything I need. Don't have a camera, but it's useless for me. And Verizon, can't complain about their service one bit :hello: