Cbs article:Make Marijuana Legal

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by married2mj, May 12, 2009.

1. Did you read the user comment at the bottom of the page where the guy was talking about how he was going to be pissed if it got legalized because there would be pot smoke everywhere and he doesn't want to get high...hehehe. Dumbass. People act like it's going to be free reign if it's legalized and everyone is going to start smoking all over town all of a sudden.

2. lol

Do you think marijuana should be legalized?
    Yes:
    94.10%
    No:
    5.90%
    NOTE: This is not a scientific poll. The results above are for information purposes only, and should not be confused with the results of the scientific polls conducted by CBS News.

hahahah

3. 94 percent omg!:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

4. dammm 94.5%
    haha, even though i dont think it should be 100% legalized, ( ppl would be so immature about it, and it'll give all the stoners a bad rep) it should be decriminalized wit no jail time for possesion.

5. Stephen Baldwin is a fucking idiot in my opinion. How do you star in a movie about weed and not be for it? I don't care if its just for money, I personally think his logic is retarded.

6. That's by far the most idiotic argument for keeping it illegal that I have ever seen. Are you 12? That logic sure sounds like it's coming from a child. Most people don't smoke "to be cool".

7. marijuana needs to be 100% legalized. regulated, sold, people can grow it, whatever but marijuana never should have been illegal in the first place.

decriminalization is bullshit and just a step toward full legalization.

8. Decrim makes sense on a smaller level when there are conflicting laws. But Nationally no, it's saying go ahead give your money to criminals while we look the other way.

Locally or statewide it's saying we are making it a low priority but not ignoring how the federal law regards it, we are agianst the law but we feel it's not the best use of time, money and rescourses to arrest people for it.

9. decriminalization is by far the most half baked idea towards enforcing marijuana in the world. To say that you can possess it, but not grow it, sell it, buy it, or trade it in any way shape or form is just ridiculous.

10. i sort of agree on the debates against decriminalization and the idea of it being "half baked legalization" but it helps keep people out of jail which is most important. This also allows us to get closer to legalization with arguements that we can handle the slow transitions.

11. The problem I find with National decriminalization is if we go there instead of legalization I think we will be stuck there for a long time, like as long as the hippies have been waiting. Because politically it's the easy way out, they get to say we aren't going to lock you up and ruin yours lives anymore while still looking like they are fighting it and drugs are still bad but the punishment shouldn't be worse than the offense itself.

12. - Stephen Baldwin

That's the only argument he has in the whole article, and any 9th grader could disprove it.